Fun with the Source engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are kidding.....right?

I'd appreciate it if you would quote me man.

And yes I think it does. Hold on and I'll post a screenshot form my rig maxed out. The HDR is pretty nifty, but the engine only does trilinear AA. With driver level AA and AF it should look pretty sweet.

Here you go:

xreal2009-05-0115-54-20-14.jpg

xreal2009-05-0115-54-30-21.jpg

xreal2009-05-0115-55-05-03.jpg

Yeah, Zmatt said that.

Those pics as they are do not match to HL2. There's just no way those can be considered equal to HL2 they lack any polish what so ever.

okay I just looked at the picture he posted earlier and agree with everyone, theres no way that looks like HL2 especially not the grass. Get your eyes checked zmatt hehe :p just check out the ep2 screenshots someone posted earlier in the thread, thats HL2

Ok ok...you're saying that project Xreal, a hybrid use of the id Tech 3 engine, has better graphics than HL2? Not ep1 or ep2, strictly Hl2? We're not talking about the source engine because it is so graphically alterable.

Fun fact, did you guys know that id tech 3 used actual text files for some of its environments?

Oh Lord......I guess my eyes are bad....worse than I thought they were.

Dude...in all due respect...those shots look ok...but they are in NO WAY as good as HL2....PLEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom