Frontlines: Fuel of War - Is it any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ sry pal but bf2 is a better game and not just my opinion but of like everyone, quake hasnt and never will sell anywhere near the amount of units bf2 expansions alone have sold let alone the actual bf2 game. why dont u create a poll in the poll section and let the people decide which is better battlefield 2 or quake wars

im not saying that people think its a better game, I'm saying that it actually is a better game...

like I said, BF is popular because its established... its published by EA the king of advertisements...

the bf2 expansions sold about.. 2 copies, which is why there are less servers for those then there are for mods for games like hl2

im not saying that people think its a better game, I'm saying that it actually is a better game...

huh? so what makes a good game then? isnt a good game one that is played by lots and enjoyed by the majority? i mean sure there will be some whackos who dont enjoy it but so what youre saying is that since only you like quake wars its a good game and is better than battlefield 2 regardless of the majority?.......i think you've been cupowned just back down now bf2 owns quake wars sry

(winning games in the companies eyes are ones that sell the most so there will be sequels made due to demand)

p.s. didnt wanna own u this bad but you kept going on about quake wars "superiority"

no, my point was that people play games that they can enjoy with their friends or the majority of people...

thus, people who play BF are happy because there is a large amount of people playing BF! average people like you see no reason to even try quake wars because your fine with BF...

also, another point I'd like to make about BF2... statpadding? that happens everywhere now...

anyways, what was your answer to this?

and what can you do in BF? all you do is capture the points and run down enemy tickets...

while say the Soldiers are required to plant demo charges on a generator, the sniper may decide he wants to go and hack the enemy radars which give vision on the mini map to his team... or they may wan't to disguise and go hack into some of the turrets that the enemies constructed...

meanwhile the field ops might be harassing enemy fortifications with hammer launches or the other various types of artillery he can use...

in battlefield, you can... hmm... shoot?

if anything, the fact that there is only 1 main objective at a time is good because it focuses battle around that one spot, in battlefield unless your playing in an immense server, you'll be all alone for a good bit of time

about the map sizes, the sizes are about the same, many of the maps in quake are suited for smaller groups, but there are large ones like the ARK and some even larger then BF because they have literally two maps in one... (you hack into a portal as an objective to open a new part of the map in which literally the old map is discarded mid game)

also... the single objective at a time makes it so that teamwork is vital... if the constructor has to defuse a bomb, many people may start to spawn as constructors... but then you might need more soldiers to fend off vehicles, or more field ops to stop enemy advances, or more covert ops to go and backstab people etc.

in battlefield, you've got... nothing... sure, theres the spec ops which destroys commander stuff, but quake has that and more in the soldier class, its also got the medic which is much better in quake wars because the strogg can build "spawn hosts" off of dead bodies which lets people select one to spawn off for 1 time, medics can also call in supply crates much like bf2 commanders can, then theres what... theres nothing else!?

the one really cool thing about bf2 is global unlocks... but thats not really better or worse in either game since quake wars balances it with campaign based upgrades and a global ranking system

sniping is lame because the bullets streak? your dissing the combat because its different? thats like saying in BF2142... the turrets on the titan shoot big long streaks of light...

and there is no way you can say BF2 has better graphics then quake wars

all those things are examples of how quake wars tops bf2...

oh and btw, its cuPWNED not cupowned

also... who ever talked about winning games? I said quake wars is the better game... it doesn't matter how many copies it sells, or how many servers/people play it...

just because a game is good doesn't mean that it will be popular

Dude just understand that if the majority of people like one game it means that most people like that game, you just need to understand that you are a minority when it comes to liking quake wars the things you stated about quake wars gameplay may be enjoyed by you but is not by me or the majority of people, you need to understand some people may not like doing linear objectives in an orderly fashion some people like taking capture points in any order they choose in a realistic chaotic like battlefield i like being able to snipe in bf2 without being seen with every snipe, i hate how a sniper rifle in quake wars gives away your position at every shot (which kindve defeats the purpose of a long range sniper") and i like taking points and i like "just" shooting people

lol, so your calling quake linear? you just said "I like shooting people" and justified your support of bf2...

you also contradicted yourself when you said "Thats the point of a long range sniper"... hence the world long range, you never mentioned stealth...

and you didn't' read what I said

I specifically stated that just because of a majority of people play BF2, it doesn't mean that its a better game...

also, bf2 is in no way realistic... medics running around with defibs hopping on dead bodies and reviving them? tickets? "Capture points" ??? terrible view distances? graphics? actual gameplay? (lack of recoil) and btw, I don't mean to say quake is realistic since it isn't (It could actually be in 2075 or w/e lol)

in real life do people run around a battlefield hopping on flags and waiting for a capture!? if your looking for a realistic sim try America's Army...

no but irl ppl do take objectives, alot more realistic than humans in 2075 using snipers that reveal your position, look i dont wanna argue any longer i like bf2 better and i shouldn't have to justify it to anybody i just dont have the time to prove bf2 is superior as theres no changing your mind

irl people do take objectives, exactly

as they do in quake wars!

and if you read my words again, I said that quake wars is not supposed to be realistic

dude ive played both games and bf2 just owns quake wars end of story, and i know of lots of others who would agree with me sorry :(

and just because u dont like bf2 over quake wars doesnt mean quake wars is better, your word is not law buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom