FRAPS - Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's certainly not worth $40 IMO. They have a limited free version. I've never needed more than what it offers. Screenshots, video, and FPS display are all I use.

I find the program very easy to use and highly functional, but have always felt that the price tag was unjustified for what it does.

It's certainly not worth $40 IMO. They have a limited free version. I've never needed more than what it offers. Screenshots, video, and FPS display are all I use.

Doesn't the free version cut you off after 30 sec of video?

I have a registered version of FRAPS. Expensive, it comes with free updates. Thats better than most software developers who charge you for every updated version. And if you really don't need all the features, they have a free download. If you want the extra features I recommend buying it, they need to buy grocercies to.

Edit: It's pretty easy to figure out. FRAPS show fps, record video game movies, screen capture software

If you just need full-time recording software, some games have built in recording software.

Also I find Xfire does a similar job to Fraps in terms of recording quality.

Whenever I record with xfire, it is extremely choppy. It isn't like that ingame when I'm playing, but on the recording it is horrible.

I have the same experience with Xfire. I use the non-registered version of Fraps.

Wow sucks for you guys...

But when it comes to recording COD4, my friend records using the built in recording software (he plays it at lowest settings on an 8800GT 512MB, to get 125FPS constant). But COD4's recording file is really high-quality and doesn't take up much room in terms of HD Space. He then cranks up the settings for recording mode and then it records using Xfire, idk if its at 125 FPS though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom