Framerate: RAM or graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get 10,551 at 3.3ghz and 680/800. Even with my 24/7/365 2.8ghz clock which evens out the cpu's some and my gpu at stock I still get 8,800.

I know my desktop isn't portable and that's why I have a 2.2lb MSI Wind to carry around.That's what I would consider very portable.

At 2.6ghz the system scores just over 9K if i remember..and with a 3ghz cpu it goes well over 10K. Amazing lappy for the price, comparable alienware models cost like 1grand more.

It's not bad for a gaming laptop. I just have never seen the point of gaming laptops. I prefer laptops that have great battery life and are easy to carry around.

I'm not sure I would want to oc a laptop. from my experience their cooling tends to barely be adequate at stock speeds.

I used to be very skeptical about them as well but i see them as very useful now.

For example, i stay in hotels often and still want to be able to game. In the hotels, you have free wifi and ac power...so gaming becomes a breeze. With my current lappy i cant really game at all.

Sure battery life will take a hit...but most people dont game on the battery, they use ac power. And if i need a lappy with long battery life, my current lappy has dual batteries and can give me 8 hours.

Or lets say your in college and you dont have room for a full desktop, but still want to game and have a system you can take to class....there you go.

Didnt use to be this way....all gaming lappys were very expensive and just not worth it. Now you can get a rather nice system which can handle all games ont he market well and not break the bank.

There are some situations that gaming laptops make sense like gaming at hotels but in my opinion it's too much of a compromise between mobility and performance. Besides if something breaks on your laptop its a pain to fix if its even possible to fix it at all whereas on a desktop it's no problem to replace components. ( I learned that the hard way)

As far as getting gaming laptops to take to college I know people who did that and they ended up getting netbooks to carry around and leave their gaming laptops in their dorm.

I sometimes wish about taking a laptop to school and start playing some games during Tuesday and Thursday (those days we get an hour lunch), the rest we go to Advisement..

warhammer online wll be hard to run i got like just 30 fps with an 8800gts g92 on my desktop so good luck with your lappy.

I think that game is a bit buggy.. they should work on it some more

For some reason I agree with Rican. Laptops are becoming ever more powerful (Mobile Core2Duo's/Mobile X2's) and useful in today's society. Guess they still need more time though.

But HOPEFULLY there will be laptop batteries with life spans of over 6 hours eventually.

OK....that is nice. You can have your $1300-$1400 laptop that scores 8800 in 3dmark06......i'll take my build that is about $400 less with almost double that 3dmark score.

And upgradable. Can you SLI that 9800M or switch it out for a new card in a year? Then that is a problem for me. In the past 2 years I have went from 6800GT, to 7900GS, to 8600GTS, to 8800GT, to 9800GTX, and now to the GTX 260.

I want performance, not something to show off in class. My old 1.6 Ghz, 512MB Dell takes notes and does research just fine.......yet CS 1.6 is quite a chore.

I have a laptop that has 4 gigabytes of RAM but a measly video card with 64MB (nVidia GeForce 7150M). I want to start playing Warhammer Online, but I know I have a graphics card under the minimum requirement. Am I still going to lag even though I have 4 gigabytes of RAM? I need to know before I purchase the game.

It will run but on low settings, maybe even the lowest.

Can You RUN It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom