FPS problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RageFire89

Beta member
ok, i have pretty much figured out what the problem could be but i just want it confirmed. Me and my friend both have pretty much the same custom computers with Nvidia 9600 GSO graphics cards, but he can run the game World of Warcraft at around 320fps at max video settings, i run at about 50-80 on max. i'm thinking its probably because i have a CRT monitor & he has an LCD. is it that or would something else be causing the FPS cap?

Do you have V-Sync on in the graphics options? THat's probably a reason why you're getting capped.

there is but i have it off, but the weird thing is when I turn it on there is no change in the fps T_T

If you're using a program like Fraps it will show you the true FPS that your computer is running at even with a CRT monitor.

well i do have a messenger program called X-Fire & it has an FPS monitor option on it integrated into its "in-game" messenger & thats showing the same as the addon on WoW I'm using as a reference.

Those should work fine. You can try Fraps as well if you want. There is something else affecting your rate. Have you tried updating your drivers to the newest?

yeah i have all my drivers up to date but i just think it has to do with my monitor itself, i know that LCD's & CRT's refresh in different ways n all n i remember reading something about the Hertz having something to do with it as well, i was just looking to see if my suspicions are correct or if theres something else.

Yes but programs like Fraps determine your FPS not by what your monitor is only capable of but what your computer is really capable of. If a monitor can only show 30FPS Fraps will still show say 156FPS if that is what the computer is running the game at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom