FPS Occasionally Plunges on Gaming Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meathook

Beta member
Hello,

I just recently bought this machine: Asus G73SW-XR1 17.3" Gaming Notebook . And by recently I mean three days ago. Right now the two games I am playing are World of Warcraft and Mount&Blade Warband. I play both of them on settings that are between "good" and "high" (but not max/ultra) and it usually works quite well. However, ever five to seven minutes the FPS plunges to <10, such that it looks like the comp has frozen for about 2-3 seconds. After that, it works fine again for the next 5-7 minutes. This is not a huge problem, but the computer I have seems strong enough to not have hardware problems on such relatively graphics friendly games. Any help is appreciated, and please let me know if you need more info. Thanks!

Hmmm, I would think that laptop could max both with ease. Try updating your graphics drivers. Something with a patch could have caused it, but it is unlikely since it is both. Can you verify whether or not this is happening on any other games? It could be a virus, or it could be your connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom