FPS Multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckaL

Daemon Poster
Rank these games based solely on their multiplayer experience. In other words, which game is the best for deathmatching?

Battlefield 2
Counterstrike: Source
Unreal Tournament 2004
Halo 2
Half-Life 2

I've never played any of these games so thats why I'm asking.

bf2 doesnt have a deathmatch mode, and css deathmatch servers arent that good. hl2 has a pretty enjoyable deathmatch, but ive never played ut2004. im not a fan of halo 2, and i think you would be better off with hl2 or ut2004.

I shouldn't have said deathmatching acually. I meant what game has the best multiplayer, period.

Yeah CS Source is really good, the best in that list. Battlefield 2 comes very close behind for me though.

Personally, I like UT2004 the best (I don't play CS, but have heard it is awesome as well), but that's my opinion for what it's worth. Yeah, Quake 4 looks to be another killer Quake app that I am siked about!-
::-Chase-::

Heyyo,

UT2k4. One of the best mp games, perfect for lans. Epic did an incredible job onnit, they listened to the community bigtime. built in IRC chat functions, stats, multiple channels for voip, and does it take skills to pwn bigtime? yes.

CSS is soo much easier than CS1.6, but it has to be to make up for the crappy hitboxes I guess.. valve should fix this game, it currently turned out to be a half-decent port of a classic... I think I might actually have preferred DODS over CSS...

Half Life 2 has pretty good DM, but it gets rediculous lag when more than 4 people start shooting off their guns... and that rocket launcher... laser guided n00bcannon that deals out too much damage.

BF2 turned out great for mp. Once players become more skilled with it I'm sure the matches will start to become better since the game's very balanced.

H2 is pretty lame I say. It's a spamfest. a dual-wielding spamfest. Too easy compared to H1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom