FPS issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
By on board, I mean it is built into the motherboard, Many prebuilt like Dell and Gateway come with this built in and if it is purchased with higher GFX option it get disabled and a GFX card is added in. Most on board GFX cards share the system memory so that would be why you get odd amounts of memory.

Dauntae

gotcha. no its a seperate component. I built this computer with my cousin a little over a year ago. i was on a budget and the gfx card was cheap, plus at the time i wasn't playing wow so i wasn't really worried about.

I've seen separate cards also use system memory too, Might be what you have. There are plenty inexpensive cards that can handle some pretty good games out there. Right now I'm changing a motherboard on a system that has a old P4 and he runs WOW and WarHammer (on low setting on WH though) and his card cost him about $70 a few months back, it's a 8600 GT this one is simalar to the one he has Newegg.com - CHAINTECH GSE86GT 512MB GeForce 8600 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards and there are much better card out there for low money now. Here are a few
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100248L Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-N959-TR GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
or you could spend a bit more and get a higher end card, This is the one I have and rum high settings on all the games I have played Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N873-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards There is much better out there too, just depends on how much you want to spend.

Dauntae

Dauntae

I've seen separate cards also use system memory too, Might be what you have. There are plenty inexpensive cards that can handle some pretty good games out there. Right now I'm changing a motherboard on a system that has a old P4 and he runs WOW and WarHammer (on low setting on WH though) and his card cost him about $70 a few months back, it's a 8600 GT this one is simalar to the one he has Newegg.com - CHAINTECH GSE86GT 512MB GeForce 8600 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards and there are much better card out there for low money now. Here are a few
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100248L Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-N959-TR GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
or you could spend a bit more and get a higher end card, This is the one I have and rum high settings on all the games I have played Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N873-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards There is much better out there too, just depends on how much you want to spend.

Dauntae

Dauntae

thanks for all the help man, i really appriciate it. i was planning on spending anywhere from $200-$300. the one you have looks pretty good. and it seems like pretty good deal with the rebate and crysis. ill look around a little more and see whats out there.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom