FPS issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

canthinkofaname

Solid State Member
Hi, im new to the forum. I have a question about my continuing issues with low fps while playing wow. I did search around, but im not too sure how my setup would compare to others. so heres the deal. for a while now on average i get around 12 fps, it drops sometimes all the way to 1 fps and sometimes goes up to 40 (but doesn't stay there for long). here are my specs. My Idle temp is 37c/98f

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071023-1545)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: 945P
System Model: IL9 Pro
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 795MB used, 5533MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Display Memory: 1528 MB
Dedicated Memory: 248 MB
Shared Memory: 1279 MB
Current Mode: 1176 x 664 (32 bit) (59Hz)

any help would be awesome. im not to knowledgable when it comes to things like this..

Thanks!

are you sure that this lag isnt caused by your internet connection? do you have fps problems with other games?

What settings have you applied ingame? You could be setting them to something your PC isnt up to?

are you sure that this lag isnt caused by your internet connection? do you have fps problems with other games?

i dont really play any other games. so im not sure if the problems is specific to wow. I am on a wireless connection though. the only other thing i can think of that kind of relates is when i have itunes up (just by itself) it'll lag a little bit if i have it set to where it shows all of the cd covers. also im going to take it downstairs and plug it in directly to the modem and see if that helps at all.

What settings have you applied ingame? You could be setting them to something your PC isnt up to?
I took of a lot of things on the game settings such as vertical sync, level of detail..and some other things that people with the same problem would dissable. the ressolution is 1176x664 59hertz which is the same my regular desk top is set to. I am on a 32inch lcd monitor....im not sure if that could cause any issues????

I would first suggest you install Vista SP1. I would then suggest you try to play without iTunes running. As that can be the cause of your slowdown.

I would first suggest you install Vista SP1. I would then suggest you try to play without iTunes running. As that can be the cause of your slowdown.

sorry i think i explained it wrong. i mean when i run itunes by itself without wow or any other programs up it runs slow when the display is more graphicaly intense. also i do have the sp1. which i didn't even know i had:D

I noticed this Display Memory: 1528 MB Dedicated Memory: 248 MB Shared Memory: 1279 MB... Is this a on board video card, If so it could be some of the problem. Try it plugged into the net hard wired first and see if it's the wireless but I tend to think the video card is struggling with it.

Dauntae

sorry i think i explained it wrong. i mean when i run itunes by itself without wow or any other programs up it runs slow when the display is more graphicaly intense. also i do have the sp1. which i didn't even know i had:D

this might be a gpu issue , coz from your specs i think you are using an integrated gfx card, btw does the problem occur ( i dont play WOW) when you are in town or marketplace or whatsoever it is called that there are lots of people in it? and do you achieve 40 fps when you are in a hunting ground when there is no people around? because if it does i think its your gfx card, coz it cant handle the intensity of the game when in town, my cousin has this problem before while we are playing Lineage II.

According to the specs you posted at the top. You do not have SP1.

Vista Build 6001 is with SP1. You only stated Build 6000. This was RTM. They updated the build number because they updated the Kernel in Vista. I would most certainly double check cause your specs say you are not while you think you are.

That could be where your conflict is. System is showing 1 thing but running another.

this might be a gpu issue , coz from your specs i think you are using an integrated gfx card, btw does the problem occur ( i dont play WOW) when you are in town or marketplace or whatsoever it is called that there are lots of people in it? and do you achieve 40 fps when you are in a hunting ground when there is no people around? because if it does i think its your gfx card, coz it cant handle the intensity of the game when in town, my cousin has this problem before while we are playing Lineage II.

yes, when im in big cities/raids i lag out a ton and dont get to decent fps til im buy myself somewhere. after reading up on this kind of problem i am thinking the gfx card

According to the specs you posted at the top. You do not have SP1.

Vista Build 6001 is with SP1. You only stated Build 6000. This was RTM. They updated the build number because they updated the Kernel in Vista. I would most certainly double check cause your specs say you are not while you think you are.

That could be where your conflict is. System is showing 1 thing but running another.

ya im going to look into this more. because when i go computer>properties it states that i have service pack 1 under windows edition...

I noticed this Display Memory: 1528 MB Dedicated Memory: 248 MB Shared Memory: 1279 MB... Is this a on board video card, If so it could be some of the problem. Try it plugged into the net hard wired first and see if it's the wireless but I tend to think the video card is struggling with it.

Dauntae

not sure what you mean exactly by "on board"..im still new to all this. also i did bring my computer downstairs and hooked up hard wired and it didn't really help out. Im leaning toward the gfx card as the issue, from what you guys have said and what i have been reading it may not be powerful enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom