The FPS of all FPS's; Call of Duty 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on. Crysis looks amazing visually, but do you honestly expect it to be that amazing? And there are rumors that it will appear on the PS3.

Crysis is just the flagship of dx10. Yes it will be stunning visually and all. But I don't know about it being a E3's best in show or anything.

The problem with the game industry is that the graphics of the game get more attention than the actual gameplay. I've always loved Call of Duty, although I never liked 2 that much since United Offensive (CoD1 expansion) was just so much better (other than graphics, back to my first statement), and of course 3 was put on console, so that was out. Once I saw a Desert Eagle in the CoD4 trailer, I wanted this game.

Crysis looks amazing, theyve gone into details like real fluid in bottles, moveable objects. But to be brutally honest the core gameplay seems to me missing vital elements that should of made this a good game. Like, i want to pick up people and throw them around maps, i want to set trees on fire. i want realistic bllood visuals, i wanted something great that would keep me hooked. The best thing so far is moveing leave, but somehow i think that will die quickly. They have spent wayyyy to much time on the little details that people will spend very little of the gameplay time doing. What they will be doing is messing around with physics like blowing stuff up and chukcing people around, setting things on fire. Killing people in new and different ways. Slumping bodies into explicit looking positions ect ect.

But much of that you can't do.

And yes for those of you who know me *properly* you'll probably be wondering why im critisizing crysis, well, it sbecause CoD4 probably has 1/10th of the stuff on Crysis, but it has the best gameplay which have kept it at the top of FPS and online gameing for many years now. And now theyve got physics, and brought it back to pc. AND we get laser sights :cool: im sure as god gona preorder it.

Stuff crysis.

ya but crysis has also done some cool things with the game play aswell with the nano suit and teh rail system and the amazing ai aswell as phisicks

Cool things, same old gameplay. Every game has physics now, its just what you cando with the physics that would of made it more fun.

I hope the entire campaign mode isn't scripted and relies heavily on cut scenes like it's predecessor. CoD 3 wasn't a bad game, but being able to approach and objective from different angles makes for an interesting game and leaves room for re playability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom