Flight Simulator X Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmanych

Daemon Poster
Okay, I am interested in FSX, I have never played a Flight Sim before and I want to clear up a few things before I go and buy it.

1. Is FSX Direct X 10?
2. Whats the difference between Deluxe and Standard versions.
3. Do I need a joystick?

Edit: Or do you thing Half Life 2 might be better?

Flight Sim X is currently in DX9 but a DX10 patch will come out eventually. As for HL2 or FS...If you like FPS's than get HL2. If you like Simulation games, get FS.

FSX will run pretty darn good on your sig. So that won't be an issue.

As far as the game goes... it's gorgeous.

But, you really must have the desire how to actually fly the aircraft. It's the real deal sim.

If you just wanna have some fun, go with HL2... or BF2!

yeah I bought FSX today.... HOLY SH!T, i needs 15GB of HDD space.. It comes on 2 DVD's... lol, i have enough space but Sh!t 15Gb for a game

till us how well it performs perfomance wise with ur specs. Cause im building a pc right now with roughly the same specs as urs but with different brands a larger screen everything else is the same! Please tell me what i can expect! I have a copy of flight x that ik havent used yet i would try it on my laptop but from what ive read it can only be loaded on one pc. ive heard pple are only getting like 30-40 fps. I think thats pretty good for a sim flight game but 60 would be alot better especially a stable 50-60....

anti, its not looking good buddy. I installed it thinking my system was gonna **** all over it. from agreat height. Stuck it on max settings and it stutters along nicely! This is with a 6600 at 3.4, GTX overclocked to the max, 2 gig ddr 800 etc. Hopefully a patch will come out that will make it easier to render or somethin?

plant, if your graphics card really is a GeForce 6600, then that's why you shutter at max settings! The 6600 is getting old now, it just isn't powerful enough to run FSX comfortably with high settings. The original poster, on the other hand, has an 8800GTX; he should have no problems with the game.

<- stupid... Haha lol, it must be because it's 5am. "6600 at 3.4" was a pretty clear givewaway.

Does it really lag at max settings with an 8800GTX? (what are max settings, by the way?)

not sure now bud, i've uninstalled it on principle. Nothing should put my GTX to shame like it did! I just stuck everything on 'very high' i think it was, and let it load to see how smoothe it would be. Really isnt even playable, bit of a joke for the time being haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom