Flight Simulator X Demo out tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Microsoft is apparently ready to release its Flight Simulator X playable demo. After seeing so much hype about its graphics, and the use it will eventually make of the upcoming DirectX 10 Application Programming Interface, it's finally going to be available to public in its first playable form as soon as tonight, in approximately 1h 25 minutes, as of this writing.

A countdown is available at source of the news, GameSpot. GameSpot also reports the demo will offer the location of St. Maarten, 2 airports and 3 missions of increasing difficulty, meaning it's a pretty complete demo.

UPDATE: It's out, though don't expect to play today. The servers are already struggling over the load, resulting in extremely slow speeds.

http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/flightsimulatorx-demo/index.html

Woot!!! I'm excited about this one. I've been playing MS FS 2004 for the last few weeks and I love it. It wild to learn how to actually fly real airplanes... Simulation... not just pushing a joystick around....

I'm not thrilled about 2004's graphics, so seeing what they've done with FS X, i'm excited. Available in October 2006. THe demo should be fun and give us a hint of what's to come....

I just ordered a Saitek x52 FCS, and i can't wait to get that going with this new demo...

Ditto on the hope for a big jump in graphics quality...

And, this looks like just the excuse I need for a joystick purchase also. Anybody have a reason to consider a stick other than the X52?

nsomniac said:
Ditto on the hope for a big jump in graphics quality...

And, this looks like just the excuse I need for a joystick purchase also. Anybody have a reason to consider a stick other than the X52?

There are some "CH" set-ups out there, but are al much more expensive then the Saitek. Im sticking with the X52 for now. If I ever get super serious about flying and possibly take real lessons, then may-be i'll dive into something more realistic, but for now... the X52 is all I need.

I'm going to wait a few days on the demo... downloads will be much faster.

FSX :) I don't think I'll get it right away (took me a year to go from FS8 to FS9) but the graphics seem to have improved greatly. Unfortunately, Microsoft focuses too much on graphics and doesn't develop other aspects they should really develop, like real flight dynamics for instance, they just leave it to third party developers to do the work and we (simmers) have to pay the price!(Yes, literally, some of the payware add-ons are pretty expensive) :angry:

Anyway...Hey Havoc, how do you like the X52 so far? It feels a bit "light" IMO

Zep said:
Anyway...Hey Havoc, how do you like the X52 so far? It feels a bit "light" IMO

I haven't got it yet. It should be here by Friday.

But, anywho... I'm DLing FSX right now from gamespot.com might as well use my subsciption. It's going pretty fast right now...

Can't wait to check it out... looks sweet.
Hopefully... it is sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom