Flight Simulator X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhwker01

Baseband Member
Does anyone play this game with dual monitors? Does it make game play better for this particular game?
I still plan on doing crossfire with my 4850 so If I do get a second monitor will I need to just disable dual monitors when I want to use crossfire on other games such as Crysis or Americas Army?

Second question:
I found out that Flight simulator X made my system freeze when I overclocked my 4850. And I barely overclocked it. Can anyone tell me why? The temps stayed in the 56 c range.

I can answer a few questions

Im pretty sure that crossfire can handle dual monitors, it's SLi that can't, so you should be right with that

With the freezing of the game, how much did you overclock your video card? I stuffed up once when I was overclocking my 8600GTS the clock and the memory sliders were optioned to move at the same time when one was moved. Make sure you don't make the same mistake. Reset the vid card settings to default and try again.

Im not sure why, but it has been shown with many reviews that Flight Sim and Slight Sim X perform(s) worse On newer cards than they do on older cards.

So that may be part of the problem...

Edit: and Im not aware of any fix..

Thank you guys for your reply. It's running smooth now. I set the video card back to default. I believe I had it overclocked maybe 20 mhz. Funny that it messes it up. I can now run on ultra high settings with 1680 resolution.

Ps. If anyone wants to play FSX together or show me a few things let me know. I plan on buying a CH or saitek flight controller with rudder pedals.

Im not sure why, but it has been shown with many reviews that Flight Sim and Slight Sim X perform(s) worse On newer cards than they do on older cards.

So that may be part of the problem...

Edit: and Im not aware of any fix..
i think your right
i have the game all patched and it runs horrible on my rig.
Can't even have it on the highest settings...
its such a huge sized game and after the long install and all the sp installs, it still runs like crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom