Flight Simulator 2K4 Graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JA01

Baseband Member
whenever i play FS2004 with a resolution of 800x600 the game runs great, except one problem. The control panel (if any of you have played Flight Sim before, you'll know what I'm talking about) is all blurry, especially the gauges, so I can't even read them. But when I put the game in 1024x768 the game runs choppy, but it's the only way I can play the game without the control panel being all blurry. What can I do? I tried updating my video card driver, but still whenever I try to play it in 800x600 the guages are blurry. Is it my monitor? because it's only a 15 inch. And right now the resolution is at 800x600, and I'd like to keep it that way, so I can see stuff.

I hope I didn't confuse anyone, but any help would be appreciated.

this is because the lower the res you have the more horrible the game looks but runs better than a higher resolution.. most Flight sim games recommend a 17 inch Monitor.. make sure you have your video card drivers Up to date..

What Video card do you have in your PC ?

------------------------

Higher The Res: The More Nice it Looks But Makes some PC Runs Slow

Lower the Res: The More Horrible it looks but more unlaggy it is and better than a higher res

VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP is my video card driver. I know for a fact, if anyone has this driver, do not even think about buying Call of Duty, because it will not work with this driver. However, that's what I have.

well i think you may need a new card thats if yor willing to pay for a new video card i would go far a video card over the 6200 Series on the Nvidia.... but your card should be able to play Flight Sim 2004 its a very easy game to meet the requirements for ....

plus what detail do you have everything on like the enivornments and that in the settings menu ?

yeah its generic i guess...other that, i have a good comp. Only one problem is, i only have 256 mb of RAM and it's shared. So, I'm only left with 192.

I have messed with every possible setting FS has, and nothing (except making the resolution higher) has fixed the blurry control panel. I guess my only option is to either upgrade or live with the choppiness. Or I could just buy FS2K2 from which REALLY works well on my comp.

Thanks for the help guys!

i had problems with FS2004 also.. different problems, but they were also graphics-related. do you have windowblinds running by any chance? i found that when windowblinds is running it causes all kinds of weird thigns to happen with FS2004. if this applies to you, exit windowblinds before starting FS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom