Flickering problem on GeForce 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietb05

Baseband Member
I just got a Chaintech Geforce 6600 256MB AGP card and when playing games I see white lines flickering on the screen. I tried it on 2 games, Madden and Live 05. I get the flickering on both games. Does a certain setting on the card make it do this?

I have PNY 6600 256MB AGP and I do not get this flickering? Are you using latest drivers? Or did you overclock it?

quietb05 said:
I just got a Chaintech Geforce 6600 256MB AGP card and when playing games I see white lines flickering on the screen. I tried it on 2 games, Madden and Live 05. I get the flickering on both games. Does a certain setting on the card make it do this?
Have you checked your cable to the monitor?

could just be a crappy card. Chaintech sucks IMO, and I base this off of experience. I had an FX 5700...it overheated and died within 2 months (no I didn't overclock, didn't know how at the time) so I got it RMA'd, and about mmmm 6 months later that card died....never again will I buy a chaintech product.

Basically what I'm saying is, you might have to look into getting it RMA'd

No I didnt overclock it. I did check the cable and have the latest drivers. It doesnt do it on menu screens just during actual gameplay so im thinking it may be a particular setting thats doing it. The card got great reviews on newegg

yeah....most of newegg reviews are BS...the 6600 in itself isn't a bad cad, that particular manufacturer is

Contact that company and ask them for help. They might say to ship the card and they'll repair it. Who knows, it could be the actual hardware of graphics card rather than software.

OK an update on the problem. I tried playing two other games: The Simpsons Hit and Run and Doom 3 demo. Oddly enough, I do NOT have the flickering white lines all over the screen in those games. Only in Madden 2006 and NBA Live 2005. So is there something about these EA Sports games that my card doesnt like? Is there a certain setting I have to change?

quietb05 said:
OK an update on the problem. I tried playing two other games: The Simpsons Hit and Run and Doom 3 demo. Oddly enough, I do NOT have the flickering white lines all over the screen in those games. Only in Madden 2006 and NBA Live 2005. So is there something about these EA Sports games that my card doesnt like? Is there a certain setting I have to change?
It's a little strange that you have 2 game that give you this flickering image, and gyou seem to have a few others that don not bother you at all.

The only other thing that i can be thinking about is checking your game hardware setting. Mainly your game screen resolution. It could be that your monitor does not like that resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom