Fix 2K Games' BioShock 2 Suckiness...Kinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Gotta say this is the funniest thing I have seen in awhile.

[H]ard|OCP - Fix 2K Games' BioShock 2 Suckiness...Kinda

Fix 2K Games' BioShock 2 Suckiness...Kinda

Almost any of us that have played BioShock 2 by now have noticed that 2K Games led with fubarring the FOV settings in the game just as badly as it did the first time round. This pretty much impacts anyone on a 16:9 or 16:10 display. If you are lucky enough to be gaming in Eyefinity Landscape, you will also be enjoying the pain of an incredibly crappy experience with BioShock 2. Thank 2K Games for wasting what could have been an incredible first impression. We hear rumblings of fixes on the way, but until we see it actually fixed, I would tell you to save you money on BioShock 2; especially if you have an Eyefinity Landscape configuration.

Below we took some screen caps to show you the issue. The screen caps scale from the idiotic POV 70 (which is the game default) to super-idiotic POV 170. Excuse the size of the pictures, they are simply huge; but you can't fit an Epic Fail on a thumbnail. (400KB and 800KB) Single screen and Eyefinity Landscape are good up to about FOV 90, maybe 100. I was playing on Eyefinity Portrait at 3600x1920 and jamming FOV 120 and it was looking and feeling great, although FOV 130 was simply too much.

Now that we are done *****ing, here is a thread in the HardForum that will get you moving in the right direction and give you a place to blow off some steam as well. If there are any balls over at 2K Games, I hope somebody kicks them square in those jewels over screwing the POV pooch for widescreen users and raping the high end Eyefinity guys and stealing their hard earned money. 2K did much of the same last time, and obviously did not learn its lesson. Oh, and you know what else, the textures suck at 3600x1920 too; must have used the "high resolution" screen on the iPad to create some of those... I want my money back. I really do.

WOW. So you basically have to play with a crappy small fov? How does this work out for console players playing on a 16:9 display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom