First Benchmarks Of The Geforce 7900 Quad SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading that Quad-SLI 7900GTXs can actually max out all the features of Unreal Engine 3. Of course the engine will be scalable so you wont need that much to run it. With the G80 right around the corner, anybody who buys quad-SLI is a moron.

BioT3ch said:
With the G80 right around the corner, anybody who buys quad-SLI is a moron.

Exactly what I was thinking, this is just a last chance money-suck in my opinion. Much rather wait for the G80's...

in oblivion quad-sli geforce 7900 got 55 framerate/s on 2560x1600 with HDR and 16x AF, but in the other games i didn't see any big difference between two 7900GTX and quad 7900, but the good thing about quad sli is that u can run up to 32x AA, so if a person doesn't have a big screen then he can run on 1280x1024 with 32xAA

Chazzer3 said:
Exactly what I was thinking, this is just a last chance money-suck in my opinion. Much rather wait for the G80's...

SLI all-together is a money suck. Its a way for Nvidia to make twice the money without doing extra work. Game devs, shamefully, are really jumping on the SLI bandwagon.

ulater6000 said:
Just as I suspected, it only really has a bigger advantage in higher resolutions.

Exactly! People never seem to realize that there are 21,24,30 inch LCD monitors available. If you have one of these monitors and want to play at native and high resolutions; and also want to run these games at MAX settings, 1 highend card just isn't going to cut it. So SLI is an excellent way to go to hold up on performance with one of these SUPER expensive HUGE monitors...

Dell 30" Widescreen....

if you have that your not worth of another video card....

I WANT ONE SO FRIGGEN BAD

I swear I'm going to start a radical anti-SLI terrorist group and continually blow up Nvidia factories until they get rid of this awful abomination of an idea.

If they would have spent HALF the fuggin time they've spent on making this stupid crap, making drivers, and now quad BS on a SINGLE fuggin card they'd probably be beyond current standards.

Buuuuuuut no, that's just too much trouble apparently. Then add with that all those god dammed little rich faggots out there that buy it without knowing anything....GEH.....seriously, SLI is just the worst sh!t to have appeared.

IT SHOULD HAVE STAYED DEAD IN THE VOODOO DAYS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom