Finally got Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running 1280x1024 every single option very high, no aa, DX10 on vista. runs smooth as silk. yeah thats not a huge resolution but looks beautiful. I havent checked FPS with fraps but id guess around 40-50 just by eyeballing it.
once I go over 1280 it'll probably start to show its performance issues but i cant do that till i get a new monitor. im on all stock settings as well... ^^
I also played COD4. Amazing game. was awesome. I will say crysis is prettier. But as far as action goes COD4 beats it so far. The whole combat aspect is much more realistic in COD4. the guys die when you shoot em. luckily im a decent shot so im not havign too too much trouble in crysis. But if youre shooting from logn range good luck haha. enemies in crysis might as well have god mode on.
Great game tho. even though your "Team" doesnt actually do anything, i still like the story so far. needs to be more grenades lying around XD

No one can complain about the graphics of Crysis. Sorry but this game looks amazing. I have it at 1900x1200 (24in) with all effects on high, but no AA, and it hangs up every now and again, but is amazingly beautiful. I am about to get a second card, and I can run it at full everything! I wish I had COD4 though..

I'm running 1280x1024 every single option very high, no aa, DX10 on vista. runs smooth as silk. yeah thats not a huge resolution but looks beautiful. I havent checked FPS with fraps but id guess around 40-50 just by eyeballing it.
once I go over 1280 it'll probably start to show its performance issues but i cant do that till i get a new monitor. im on all stock settings as well... ^^
I also played COD4. Amazing game. was awesome. I will say crysis is prettier. But as far as action goes COD4 beats it so far. The whole combat aspect is much more realistic in COD4. the guys die when you shoot em. luckily im a decent shot so im not havign too too much trouble in crysis. But if youre shooting from logn range good luck haha. enemies in crysis might as well have god mode on.
Great game tho. even though your "Team" doesnt actually do anything, i still like the story so far. needs to be more grenades lying around XD

whats your current rig? i see your sig but cpu says in progress?
ANd what do you have your ultra oc to?
i got pretty much the same rig as you except that i got my e6500@3.4 and very high settings wont work any good, unless i have some on high and some on very high. Im trying to find the best settings for the best performance, trying to figure out which settings wont make a big differencve from hiigh and very high.

the demo of Crysis isnt suppose to be fully optimized, no demo is imo, only the real game is when it comes out.

anyway, i for one want to try out the demo when i get the HD 3870 x2, i iove the sandbox editor. I saw a vid on youtube where someone was messing with the physics or something n u see boxes go everywhere, i was amazed!

i am still surprised that Crytek has not given out a number of copies sold of Crysis yet to the public when the game has been out for almost a month.

sorry, i havent been able to install adobe master collection yet. takes so **** long i havent bothered, so sig is kinda out of date.

Q6600 B3 @ 2.4 stock
8800 ultra 612/1512 stock
2gb crucial ballistix stock
seagate 7200.11 1tb
corsair 520
asus p5kd

im having problem with mobo so the bios wont save XD so no OC. The B3 is running too hot to overclock on stock cooler anyway, i'm gonna order WC before the monitor I guess. Unless i'm running the fan at 80%idle 100%load its an oven.
ATI tool wont work on vista and I havent bothered spending the time to read up on OCing the ultra with rivatuner.

like i said it will run very high perfectly but i'm only on 1280x1024 XD not a very demanding res, but the most my 17" will do. Looks friggin incredible though.

wow crap 1TB? U have got to be crazy with all that extra space, i mean how r u gonna back all that data up? If it were me, i would of gone with a 320GB or maybe 500GB, not 1TB.

as for ur CPU, that is cool it's B3 stepping, but y not a G0?

sorry, i havent been able to install adobe master collection yet. takes so **** long i havent bothered, so sig is kinda out of date.

Q6600 B3 @ 2.4 stock
8800 ultra 612/1512 stock
2gb crucial ballistix stock
seagate 7200.11 1tb
corsair 520
asus p5kd

im having problem with mobo so the bios wont save XD so no OC. The B3 is running too hot to overclock on stock cooler anyway, i'm gonna order WC before the monitor I guess. Unless i'm running the fan at 80%idle 100%load its an oven.
ATI tool wont work on vista and I havent bothered spending the time to read up on OCing the ultra with rivatuner.

like i said it will run very high perfectly but i'm only on 1280x1024 XD not a very demanding res, but the most my 17" will do. Looks friggin incredible though.

wow very high on vista...nice.
Im not sure how much diff dual and quad works with vista.
Yours is at stock and my dual core is at 3.4 ...there is no way i get very high stable with that resolution.

I do have vista64 bit and have tried both 64and 32 bits ffor vista and 32 works better.

my stock 3dmark06 was 11705 vista. I was kinda hopin stock would break 12 but cant complain. i was hopin to get water ordered next week but then I tallied up the cost and added in christmas heh. bleh.

CMOS battery eh? worth a shot I guess. should I just take it out and go look for one thats the same? XD shouldnt be too hard to find. bit of a smallish town though. if I see this overclocking failed message one more time im gonna freak out heh. can't fail at something i've never tried to do. I just dont get whty it locks up after I f10 save and exit. just wont boot >.> irritating.

and wildside, i've almost got half the 1TB HD filled already and it hasnt even been a week heh. i might have to grab another one or two of these. :S

crysis runs stable, only time it hangs is for 1 - 2 seconds when it autosaves. that doesnt matter though. I just hit the recommend button and it set everything to very high for me lol. I was like wtf? this aint gonna work. then i played it and my jaw dropped lol. hella fun game. I can see why people are sayin its hard to kill the bad guys, you just gotta be a Darn good shot. XD I havent faught any aliens yet though. Not enough time to game :S think I might go back to 10 hour days just to get an extra day off hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom