Final Fantasy 13

I've played through legit once, and after that I use cheats to get past the first 10 or so hours of the game because it drags on. Once I get to a certain point it's enjoyable.

I didn't say I wasn't going to play any of the ones prior to 15. I said I wasn't going to play anymore after 13. As in I won't be playing 15 or anything that succeeds that. Lightning Returns is the newest I'll play up to because I'm done following this franchise. I happened to enjoy 13 and the 2 that stems off it. I just don't like the extremely slow start so I'm using cheat engine to keep my ATB filled so I can get past the initial BS.

If you like the last one enough to play it through multiple times then why quit on the series?

Do you understand my confusion here?

I've only played 13-2 once, won't be playing it again, and I haven't played Lightning Returns yet. I'll be playing that on PC. (I bought it for 360, gf and I had a fight, returned it for gas money :p )

I'm playing 13 again for a few reasons. The first being, there aren't any other games out right now I want to play and I'm bored. The second being, the 720p experience on the 360 is exceptionally lackluster to me and due to loading times I usually quit about half way through. Saves also were very slow. Because it's on PC I have a few advantages. The best one being, I can up the sharpness and clarity by rendering at 4k or 1080p with lots of AA and post processing. I can also use Cheat Engine like I explained to get past the boring beginning quickly (which I've been through already) and when I get to Pulse really experience it as I quickly blew through the game the first time around. My first playthrough I had a projector but it was only 1280x800 (1024x768 native). Now I have a 1080p projector and 2 large 1080p TVs to play on. Being on an SSD means everything is pretty much instant. Oh and I happen to like Lightning, so there's that.

I'm quitting the series because I've played every game including trying the MMOs and the later ones since 10 have left me with a foul taste in my mouth. When I finished 13-2 I declared (like it really matters :rolleyes: ) that I would finish the 13 story and then be done with the series as a whole. They are not the same FF experiences I grew up with and to be frank they are getting more boring and honestly linear cinematic experiences are becoming a yawn fest in gaming as a whole. I saw the trailers and such for 15 and it just does not grab my attention. So basically I decided I'm not buying anymore FF games simply because they are FF games as that's all I've been doing. I thought 12 was boring, I hated 10-2, 10 was meh, and 13 well I'm really only playing that because of Lightning (which you apparently don't like). Now when I do the same with Pokemon I might actually start having a life again. I've already pretty much dumped the Zelda series too. I only bought A Link Between Worlds because it plays homage to my favorite Zelda game and I got to relive that experience. That was proper fun IMO.

Actually, I've basically said quite a few times on the boards that I eventually want to move on from gaming as it's increasingly becoming more and more boring for me. So many games that I start playing simply don't grab my attention anymore. The series I've been following like FF, Zelda, or Halo have become so tarnished from their original ideas that I just sit here and shake my head. I guess I'm either stuck living in the past or I'm not progressing the way the gaming community is. Games that I hype myself over just turn into a huge disappointment. The last game I had REAL fun on was Skyrim and that was 3 years ago already. The next game that I'm waiting for is Project CARS and I can honestly already tell you I'll have fun with it for a little bit and then get bored. Otherwise my PC mainly gets used for productivity and that's it. Gaming isn't the only thing either, TV and movies have become pretty boring for me too. I've dwindled my categories down to comedy for a quick laugh. I've been looking at moving my hobby to cars and maybe ditch PCs but I'm too into hardware for that.

well since i have never played any FF - for $16 i am seriously thinking about purchasing and playing this.

Hmm, I'm not sure that's a good idea. FF13 isn't the best RPG experience or FF ever. It literally takes about 20 hours of gameplay before you can start piecing the plot together and actually know the characters.

glad you told me- ya NOT for me then. I am also a bit bored currently - playing BF4 occasionally just because I have nothing else interesting. That, at least is a challenge - somewhat because I am not very good, and as mentioned in another thread- I think I have a system issue giving me a some delayed video/info making shooting/killing a bit difficult and also getting killed full 1-2 seconds after turning a corner or getting into a building and getting killed by a gunner in a plane/copter. Awaiting Dragon age 3, Witcher 3 , Far Cry 4, etc. any suggestions?

How old are you PP?

I haven't been super into a game in 3 years either. When I quit Call of Duty (after bops 1), I just couldn't get into games that much after. After I started skyrim, I was having fun, but it just had way too much content and I got bored. Maybe I'll start it up again sometime. I must say though, I am enjoying Destiny (only lvl 23, haven't grinded too much yet). I haven't been this into a game since I quit cod. I know you don't like consoles, but the ps4 is so smexy.

I'm 26.

See I quit CoD at 4. I moved from that to Halo because CoD 4 PC had way too many hackers. I haven't been interested in a CoD since then. I played Halo 4 and immediately could tell it was developed by another company and don't plan on playing 5. To give an idea how serious that is, I'm pretty vested into the story itself. I've played all the side games and have read all the books to get the full story. I pretty much know the timeline before the games come out but you can really tell that Bungie feel is gone. Same goes for FF, I feel when Square went Enix they dropped the ball on the original feel of those games.

A more recent convo I was having with a friend on Facebook, all of my favorite franchises have basically died or are stuck in IP dispute. So there's that too which I could have added to the other post.

I'm getting a One for Halo MCE. All I care about is Halo 2 AE and playing that multiplayer again. Project CARS was delayed until next year so I won't have much to do after I get bored with Halo. I have no interest in Destiny.

Back
Top Bottom