FF online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invisible

MetalHead Techie
was wondering if anyone here plays and if so are there private servers like WoW with no monthly fee?
is the gameplay similar to WoW if not how different of an mmorpg is it?

We had a dude over the summer, a college intern, who was into one of the FF online. I don't remember which one, though. Cool dude, and the game sounded pretty cool, too.

I remember he had used some in-game skills to make so stuff, and had it up for sale in the game to make money for his character. Pretty neat.

I've been playing FF11 (online) for little over 3 years now. No there aren't any private servers as far as I know. SquareEnix was very thourough in the creation of Playonline and registration and such. Fee is 10 or 11$ US i believe.

FFXI is much more team oriented then WoW is. You use party's of 6 usually to level up in different areas. Also unlike wow you create 1 character and can have access to all the jobs, and can freely switch between them. That way you don't lose any of your accomplishments/missions/quests and such from character to character.
You can create new characters if you want mules to hold extra gear and such. its 1$ per extra character.
umm what else. Most of the quests are useless and a waste of time, except certain types. In place of quests theres several mission lines for the nations, and a mission line for each expansion and such. Some can take a logn time to finish, some not so long.
Its not a very solo oriented game. You can craft, much liek in wow. armor, food, medecines and such.
Theres also "Notorious Monsters' roaming around the world. Just liek superpowered unique monsters. Special drop chances.
Also you can have a main job and sub job. So say im a white mage, i can sub black mage, thus enablign me to cast white and black magic. Or warrior/ninja. you can be a dual weildign warrior with extra defensive abilities.

Anyhow I love it. Been playign for a long time. I find most of the player base is mature and friendly too. Although liek any game you'll find the morons.
if you can get ahold of a free trial I recommend it.

I dunno I guess I'd call it a true mmoRpg as opposed to WoW which seems more of an adventure rpg.
Like any mmo it takes time to do stuff. its not something you sit down for 30 min to play.

If you do try it i'm on the server ' Lakshmi '. which can be picked at creation ^^

I played from 2004 to 2006 and then quit, had a level 33 Red Mage with a Sub of a level 16 Summoner. I quit playing that game a long time before I finally canceled it, that game kind of sucks IMO. It's too linear, there's way too much red tape for the missions, chocobos took forever to get and they cost way too much for what they do, you pay 14,000 gil to ride one that runs away as soon as you get off it, granted they added chocobos that you can own and wont run away from you after dismounting but me, still never gonna play it again.

The game was good back in the day of it's prime. But now WoW has taken over. FFXI online only has like 8% of the MMO market now.

The game is mostly deserted and most of the players are japanese. If I had to take an educated guess, I would say 65-75% japanese.

Also the game is way hard to start now with so little players. Getting gil is hard as **** aswell in these times, since square removed like 60,000,000,000 gill from the game.

If the game had half the population of WoW, it would be the best on the market in my eyes. But sadly square over estimated america. Most americans/english people do not want to work so hard to level,find parties, and get items. The game is a challenge, it is no cake walk like WOW.

For the record, I had a 73whm on ffxi. On WoW i had a 70 warlock.

Oh and to the post above me... 14,000 to ride a chocobo? wtf? They are more like 300 gil to ride. Rarely 2000 to ride on weekends. (the price goes up if alot of people keep renting them in a short time frame.)

Oh and to the post above me... 14,000 to ride a chocobo? wtf? They are more like 300 gil to ride. Rarely 2000 to ride on weekends. (the price goes up if alot of people keep renting them in a short time frame.)

Yeah and back in the day on my server I was on it'd get up to about about 8-15k pretty quickly. In the morning it would be about 350 gil then about 4 hours later it was up so high you had to break the bank just to get a ride.

You must of been on the most crowded server! My server was usually 2500-3500 people on. Highest I see was 2.5k and it was because some huge clan was going to go fight tiamat(big dragon)

eh definatly not gonna pay $12.95/month to play this when i play WoW for free, thx for the info tho guys

Lol, cheap skate!

If you are on a stable private server for wow, can you hook em up with the website? Most I tried crashed every 15min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom