FEAR sound problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

will h4x 4 food

Daemon Poster
i have a sound blaster live and i noticed a crackling and popping sound when i play fear. It doesnt happen right when i start playing though. only when i have been playing for about 5-10 min i noticed it. what could be the problem? i used to have the same problem with my onboard sound for bf2 but i fixed it with a driver update. i updated my driver plus the patch but im not sure if they are for the right card. on the website for the drivers there are many different kinds of sound blaster live cards. i chose just the "sound blaster live" drivers but there are drivers for "sound blaster 24 bit, digital 5.1, gamers edition and a whole bunch more but i cant remember them right now. the card i have came from a dell dimension 4500 if that can give any1 an idea of what kind of live i have.

It would be real helpful if we were to have an audio file of the sound.

However I think it is one of two issues.

#1: Buffer underruns, these seem to be more common in consumer cards now, expisally with demanding high peformance games.

#2: PCI Bus Latency issue.

will h4x 4 food said:
the problem is only with fear.

That's because FEAR is a demanding game :) And for issue #1 you have a crappy sound card, which I had buffer underrun's in both the FEAR and BF2 demo's (The soundcard was dead when the full games came out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom