FEAR percormance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
FEAR performance

So, i'm just wondering what people's performance is in FEAR. in the included benchmark, i get around 55fps average. however, in actual gameplay the game hitches like none other. and whenever i look into an elevator for some-odd reason, it lags like hell. also, when the game does one of the flashback/hallucination tricks, it hitches EVERY SINGLE TIME whne the screen washes out, like 3-5 second pauses. but for the most part, when it doesn't do that, my performance is solid.

specs in my sig,

1280x960 2xAF noAA Vsync: off
all settings maxed except:
soft shadows: off
volumetric lighting: minimum
dynamic shadows: minimum (because for some reason, it annoys me to see my own shadow)

So you're saying you have soft shadows turned off right?

If you don't have anything overclocked it's understandable...mine 'hickups' for the first couple minutes then is smooth the rest of the game...only having 1gb of RAM is part of that problem.

Buuuuuut I'm almost betting it's cause of the nf3 chipset which if you google it up, doesn't like the 6xxx series very much...I had that problem with a lot of games on the DFI nf3 socket 939 board.

Nvidia apparently spent a lot of time optimizing to make sure it'd work for ATI cards but failed to make it optimized for their own **** cards.

Nubius said:
So you're saying you have soft shadows turned off right?

If you don't have anything overclocked it's understandable...mine 'hickups' for the first couple minutes then is smooth the rest of the game...only having 1gb of RAM is part of that problem.

Buuuuuut I'm almost betting it's cause of the nf3 chipset which if you google it up, doesn't like the 6xxx series very much...I had that problem with a lot of games on the DFI nf3 socket 939 board.

Nvidia apparently spent a lot of time optimizing to make sure it'd work for ATI cards but failed to make it optimized for their own **** cards.

I don't OC. i'm really not to sure about how to do it, so i don't even bother. what i read about the NF3 chipset and the hitches were people having 10-25 second delays, i don't have any of those. and FEAR is the ONLY game i have any hitches, but their short and frequent. BF2 doesn't hitch, HL2 doesn't, FarCry, SCCT, the CoD2 demo, none of it hitches, but OF COURSE FEAR does. i'm thinking its a crappy engine. it looks good, but it lags and hitches in some of the wierdest places, like looking into elevators!

It does the same thing for me...looking into elevators. That is the laggiest areas for me. I play at 1280x960, 2x AA...and its smooth enough to be playable so I am not really complaining. But I see what he is saying...FEAR is far more demanding on the system than it appears by looking at the graphics.

it's a combination of crappy engine optimization, 1gb of RAM, and the fact that the 6800GT can be brought to it's knees with this game....pretty much as simple as that.

I get what I had in HL2...that is hiccups when it autosaves. Other than that it only lags a lil bit right after loading. I just started playing though and haven't seen any elevators yet.

I play at 1600x1200, 4xAA, soft shadows on, all graphics settings on high, and most cpu settings on medium.

My 6600GT cannot do FEAR how i would like. So it's going.

I only play @1024x768 cos of monitor but i want to be able to play at that res with ALL settings maxed!!
My 6600GT just gave me 'the bird' when i tried it!

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
if your running a 6600GT, why is there a 6800GT in your sig?

i just noticed that as well haha :p ... mayb he plays F.E.A.R on a diffrent computer ? :confused:

anyway my 6600GT runs F.E.A.R good enough for me...i dont think im gonna upgrade my card till DX 9.0d comes out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom