FEAR hiccups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try turning off any AV you have running in the background, sometimes that can interfere and cause "skipping". And be certain you're running the latest reference drivers from Nvidia as I read that this can help a lot, too. The 7900 series isn't really supported well in older drivers.

I'm guessing that it's nvsvc32.exe

Go to Start - Run and type in services.msc

Now find NVIDIA Display Driver Service. Double click it and click Stop to stop the service. Then from the drop down menu select Disabled to disable the service.

nvsvc32.exe is worthless and has caused nothing but problems for me. What's happening is it's requesting like 3-5% CPU every few seconds and causes hiccups in games. As soon as you disable this service, the problem should go away.

I had a similar problem. Most of the time it ran great but every once and a while the frame rate would go from ~40fps to 1fps for a second or it would just freeze. I never could figure it out though...

no.. i played fear w/ 1 gig... does not work, it WILL stutter.... i played that w/ my old 8800gts and 1gb and it stuttered.. once i shoved the 2gb no more stutter.... iknow for sure it is the problem

Wow, this thread was made all the way back in June. It kind of freaked me out to read my own post totally forgetting that I posted it.

Good going Havoc lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom