FEAR graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
COD2 all the way. Even with my slow system and settings scaled back a little, I'm still impressed. Still my fav overall is MOH PA. I guess thats the ex-Marine coming out in me, even if its an older game...

ffmedic12 said:
COD2 all the way. Even with my slow system and settings scaled back a little, I'm still impressed. Still my fav overall is MOH PA. I guess thats the ex-Marine coming out in me, even if its an older game...

Wow I agree, the best one yet....

BandwidthHogg said:
FEAR seems to like to be run at 1024x768. Anything above that causes problems, and requires a 7800GT or higher and will still get choppy in places. This really sucks for LCD users who require to play at 1280x960 because of the native resolution problem.

The developers of FEAR had no respect for the market. Just a little bit more optimization as well as removal of unnecissary shaders would have FEAR running a whole lot better. I hope Unreal Engine 3 doesn't have as much disregard for the market as FEAR had.

C'Mon, Sierra, you can't expect everyone to have a 7800GTX and code your games as if everybody does.
i agree. even 7800gtx512 above 1024x768 lags at times. i think for this game, 7800gtx256 and 7800gtx512 will make very little difference.
IF it ran like HL2, it would be the best graphical game of the year.
i builta pc for games like this and this game sadly runs like im still on mac..

i think somebody should write a letter to sierra telling them that their current graphics engine is outrageous and not everyone can afford dual 7800GTX in SLi mode just to run their game. then again they probably dont care.

Sierra themselves recommended the game be played at 1024x768 because today's hardware just isn't powerful enough to go beyond that. With increasing number of gamers using LCDs, game makers should go the extra mile to optimize their games for at least 1280x960. And optimization is the whole key, because the lag occurs in places that you wouldn't normally think it would, like when looking into an elevator, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom