FEAR Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in the single player tech-demo, they are wonderful! Not in the MP beta demo. The single player tech-demo is what massacre's my graphics card though.

Yeah, I hear this game will also be highly optimized for Nvidia cards. However, i recently found out that it will be a SM2.0 based game, but will use SM3 for performance increases. I hope it doesn't run worse I'm debating on whether or not I should go with a 7800 or X900, or just snatch a 6800 GT for cheap when the prices go down.
Although you probably don't want to hear it....I'd advise waiting until around october before you make your next graphics card purchase...that'll give each companies new cards enough time to come out, be thoroughly tested, driver updates, benchmarks, user reviews, things like that to fully develope.....not only that but STALKER will be coming out around that time as well although I'm now mainly waiting for FEAR a lot more than stalker...that and that game "PREY" look freakin ridiculous

I thought the little girl in fear is awesome, chopping off limps and crap...good stuff :D

Tyler1989 said:
So I take it my basic 32 megabit video card will not make the cut for this game.

LOL...today's high end cards don't quite make the cut for this game. You are basically going to need a next gen card to play it maxed, period. The 6800 GT will likely get by playing it maxed, but the framerate will likely be 20-40. The reason is the rendering. There is NO static lighting in FEAR, its all dynamic.

Not only is the lighting going to tax it...watch the videos....during a gunfight there is SO much crap going on...sparks, smokes, shell casings, bullets, glass, chunks of wall.....crap is flying around EVERYWHERE.....bah, pisses me off though, back a couple months ago the due date for FEAR was June 6th.....coulda already been playing it!!!

Now it's like august 1st or something.......................BAH! DAMNIT! THOSE ASSHOLES! Just checked gamespot and now it's set for freakin October 11th!

Geh! i'm sick and tired of these damn game developers all copying valve and not being able to get a damn game out on time

Nubius said:
Not only is the lighting going to tax it...watch the videos....during a gunfight there is SO much crap going on...sparks, smokes, shell casings, bullets, glass, chunks of wall.....crap is flying around EVERYWHERE.....bah, pisses me off though, back a couple months ago the due date for FEAR was June 6th.....coulda already been playing it!!!

Now it's like august 1st or something.......................BAH! DAMNIT! THOSE ASSHOLES! Just checked gamespot and now it's set for freakin October 11th!

Geh! i'm sick and tired of these damn game developers all copying valve and not being able to get a damn game out on time

At least you are going to be able to play it without spending another $400+ for a video card. This game, although it doesn't use SM3.0, is highly optimized for Nvidia, it such an extent that the lowest settings on an X800XT would run at about the same performance as the highest settings on a 6800 GT. It pisses me off!

beedubaya said:
Yeah, I hear this game will also be highly optimized for Nvidia cards.
Strange, considering it's the HL2 engine that FEAR is using. (Correct me if I am wrong there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom