FEAR 2 feb 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you're right, granted that if valve made a new engine it was better than Source. I guess that's my conservative gaming side...sticking with what I know and love.
Its not too much to ask for both, but lately it seems like so many games are graphical breakthroughs.
Yeah, when I built my latest PC the first game i installed was Crysis:D

But so many games ARE going forward, and my point is THEY SUCK...compared to older games that ARE better. You must admit...graphics play a HUGE and undeserved part of video game reviewing.
I'll go back to crysis. The majority if video game reviews were like this, "If you can get passed the mass glitches and invincible AI, not to mention stupid AI, and of course the usual running and gunning gameplay, CRYSIS IS AWESOME! Because...its so pretty."

hmm sit down in the dark lights off is how i fell in love with the first, i dont think this one will be as scary. i gave wildside a full run threw on msn earlier of fear, i think he might be in love.

I guess you're right, granted that if valve made a new engine it was better than Source. I guess that's my conservative gaming side...sticking with what I know and love.
Its not too much to ask for both, but lately it seems like so many games are graphical breakthroughs.
Yeah, when I built my latest PC the first game i installed was Crysis:D

But so many games ARE going forward, and my point is THEY SUCK...compared to older games that ARE better. You must admit...graphics play a HUGE and undeserved part of video game reviewing.
I'll go back to crysis. The majority if video game reviews were like this, "If you can get passed the mass glitches and invincible AI, not to mention stupid AI, and of course the usual running and gunning gameplay, CRYSIS IS AWESOME! Because...its so pretty."

You're probably right about them getting too big of a part in reviews somewhat, but if this is totally true how could gamespot ever give a wii game game of the year like last year? Even if it did have good graphics for the wii, how could graphics have even been considered?

Yeah, I think I'll give this fear game a shot though.

You're probably right about them getting too big of a part in reviews somewhat, but if this is totally true how could gamespot ever give a wii game game of the year like last year? Even if it did have good graphics for the wii, how could graphics have even been considered?

Yeah, I think I'll give this fear game a shot though.

I'm not saying every game is based upon its graphics. I'm just saying if a game has great graphics the "important" features like game mechanics can be overlooked by a lot of people. I've got nothing against graphics, just that they merit too much attention from the players and developers that intern causes, I think, gameplay to suffer.

He could just read about it, not that much to the story really. But the mp isn't a whole lot like the sp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom