FarCry ISSUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
So with the setup in my SIG everything on high is F'ed up... I'm getting black box's around like everything the lighting is all messed up and my water looks like a cartoon. Whats my problem? I've tried turning off AA and AntiFiltering,, and changing quality to low but same thing... nothing is running the way it should.... ive no idea what to do...

what drivers are you using?
and does this happen with any other game?
have you updatd to the latest patch for farcry?
Make sure you grab the latest nvidia beta drivers...it seems to work best for 8800 series.
Make sure your card isnt over heating.

Yeah id have said check that you have the lastest patch, if your running the oldest one then your graphics wont be spot on.
Think ive got 1.33 or something like that.
You shouldnt need to adjust the in-game settings for everything to look "ok", it should look fine to start with, then you turn up the water settings etc and it looks stunning

right... my other comp looks gorgeous lol and this one should be amazing... i read up on it and others were having the same issue with the 1.00 patch so today im d/ling the 1.4 and going to pray, cuz its one of my fav LAN games . :)

good luck and post back with results.
Fileshack.com is a good website for getting patches.
So does gamespot.com

get the latest nvidia drivers too!...the new beta seems to be the best so far.

Though My GTX can easily MAX Out all farcry settings. It doesn't look right.
All Drivers and patchs are up to date.

Though it isn't nearly as bad as you described I was slightly dissapointed that I had to lower some settings a bit to make it look "right."

So even if you correct the major graphic flaws with an updated driver or a reinstall or whatever, you may never get it to look 100% correct on MAX settings..

Put all parts of the computer to stock (i.e. non overclocked)- this may fix it.

If that fails, then just re-install FarCry and it may work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom