FarCry 2 Analysis..

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anybody is having problems with a "Black screen of death," do this:

Go into your My Documents\My Games\Far Cry 2 (For XP, for Vista it'll be Documents\Games\Far Cry 2), and there should be an XML file in there. Open it with any text editor, and find the spot called "Maximized=" and make sure that is set equal to 1. Save it, close it, and re-load the game.

Well this game definitely feels like the original FarCry. The AI is insanely accurate and they can take multiple head shots without dying... Unless it's a sniper rifle.

So far I feel mixed about the game. I feel like I've done 75% traveling and 25% killing.

Game runs pretty decent, but I can't run AA. Crysis graphics are better, imo. The water and textures in Crysis are much more realistic. Explosions and physics in this game are great though. I haven't had any issues with bugs yet.

I never played the first farcry, but this one isn't much different from crysis as per how many bullets it takes to kill the enemies.
Except the guns in crysis are much more accurate.
Other than that the gameplay is good. There is a lot of travelling. It's not so bad when you start gettin missions where using the bus stations actually simplifies it.

Though up to 8 or 9 crashes in 4 or 5 hours. It's getting irritating now. Wish I knew what was causing it. No error messages though :/ meh

Will a E6550/2GB/8800GT 512MB/XP proSP3 rig will run FarCry2 at 1920x1200 with AA, AF and most of the eye candy enabled? :confused:

I am going to get the game anyway since the original FC was one of my favorite games. But I need to know whether I should pick up a new video card too (mine's due for a replacement).

Will a E6550/2GB/8800GT 512MB/XP proSP3 rig will run FarCry2 at 1920x1200 with AA, AF and most of the eye candy enabled? :confused:
Not sure about XP with DX9, but with DX10, everything maxed with a res of 1440x900 and no AA, I can get a decent 30-40 FPS most of the time. I doubt that setup would run it maxed with AA and that resolution though even under DX9...

I'm tempted to turn on devmode and just use the noclip cheat. I'm at 12 percent i can't be bothered to drive.

I've got to drive from the main city in the middle, to my arms depot, then to the bus station. and then get all the way up to northwest...pfff... i came off SP at that point and spent more time on the so-awesome multiplayer :)

And who said headshots don't kill ? a silenced Star .45 allways kills if you shoot them in the head :confused: And it does take less bullets to kill them than crysis, because thats the main reason i disliked crysis - it took an entire round of ammo to kill someone.

edit:

DEVMODE doesn't work. Can't find cheats anywhere :eek:

^ trust me, games aren't that fun once you start using cheat. I did that in farCry 1, a spot was ****ing me off (one of the last missions with the lava if anyone wants to know) so i used the cheats, then i couldn't stop using them and the rest of the game was boring. So don't use them the first time around playing the game unless your really stuck in a spot.

And yes, they are nearly identical to FarCry 1 Ste.

^ trust me, games aren't that fun once you start using cheat. I did that in farCry 1, a spot was ****ing me off (one of the last missions with the lava if anyone wants to know) so i used the cheats, then i couldn't stop using them and the rest of the game was boring. So don't use them the first time around playing the game unless your really stuck in a spot.

And yes, they are nearly identical to FarCry 1 Ste.

I remember that lava stage all too well, in fact I played Farcry 1 on like the 2nd to hardest difficulty and boy did I regret it, was one of the toughest FPS games Ive ever played, sorta like Ghouls and Goblins hard. I actually played the boss fight like 75 times before I beat it. Still there was a good sense of accomplishment from beating it without cheats :p

To me theres no point in cheating in single player games unless you just want to fool around

FarCry 2 involves to much stuff before you can do what you want to do (travelling and stuff), and its a game thats just generally fun to keep messing around and assualting random milita camps :p

This game reminds me of "STALKER".
in fact it's very very similar.
missions from NPC, free-to-approach missions, big open map, etc.
I wish there are more options for movement like lay on the ground, lean left & right, toggle zoom-in out
(I just hate there are only option to zoom when you have to keep holding the button).
those are important movement function for any good FPS.
need more control options to select for users especially for PC gamers.
Shooting is somewhat in between realistic and arcadish shooter.
AI's first reaction is interesting but moves and acts stupid overall.
And also the traveling is tedious at times when you don't have anything to ride on.
even giving us a bicycle would help....
I'm still in the beginning of the game so hopefully it gets more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom