FarCry 2 Analysis..

Status
Not open for further replies.
can all weapons at one point or another be purchased? Or some can only be found?

Like, perhaps the AS 50, it would make little sense for a weapon to not be purchasable yet be on the internet listing.

What mission would you have to complete to unlock the AS 50? anyone know?

Who know's. Right now Im like 30% in and surviving with a pistol and the G3k because I'm waiting for the Saw. As far as the game being revolutionary, I thought so at first. Dare I say it though, it's repetitive.

im havign alot of fun played another 3 horus tonight my mobo came back from the dead... and im pickign up a gtx260 tomorow, anyway gonna eb havign alot of fun with this yet to encounter one texture problem or even a crash or stutter, and yes i am running the 178 drivers.

well.. I'm fairly certain it was just the 360 PAL version that was leaked about 16 days ago, but I don't live in Europe, nor do I have a 360 or a modchip..

two Russian/English releases were made last night I believe, but I'm going to wait out for a proper release from Reloaded or Razor, this Russian/English stuff, the installation seems REALLY funky involving manually installing drivers for hardware and such, and I think you can only get text in English, everything else is Ruska

well.. I'm fairly certain it was just the 360 PAL version that was leaked about 16 days ago, but I don't live in Europe, nor do I have a 360 or a modchip..

two Russian/English releases were made last night I believe, but I'm going to wait out for a proper release from Reloaded or Razor, this Russian/English stuff, the installation seems REALLY funky involving manually installing drivers for hardware and such, and I think you can only get text in English, everything else is Ruska

Ditto

got farcry 2 yesterday morning and have played about 10 hours and i have to say i am really enjoying it. I haven't had any crashes no problems with saving, other then i forgot to save once, then got hit by a car and went back really far and had to do it all over again. No problems with ammo either. I love the weapon set i have right now. I have the silenced pistol, the dart rifle, and the silenced mp5, it's sweet. Although i prefer the ak to the mp5 i like it because it is silenced. One thing i hate though is the militia camps all over the place, and fact that you have to go all over **** to get more medicine for the fever. For some reason everytime i get into a big fire fight i have to take the **** medicine. Also, when your buddies call you after excepting a mission usually the things they want you to do to complete the mission are pointless and not needed. I did like the first two then just started doing right to the objective, i still went and seen what there plans were though, and i do the odd one but it's kinda stupid. Also, i heard some things about people not liking the ai in the game but i think its fine, sometimes they seek you out a little too much, but other times its pretty accurate. Although they don't move when you start snipping guys with the dart gun, they just stand there, but if some one takes a shot at you when your doing that they scatter all over **** then surround you, which is pretty realistic. But close quarters with the mp5 silenced and the silenced pistol isn't even fare for the ai, ou just kick the **** out of them.

Over all a fun game, and i am sure i wil be playing it for quite a while, im only at 27% right now anyway.

got farcry 2 yesterday morning and have played about 10 hours and i have to say i am really enjoying it. I haven't had any crashes no problems with saving, other then i forgot to save once, then got hit by a car and went back really far and had to do it all over again. No problems with ammo either. I love the weapon set i have right now. I have the silenced pistol, the dart rifle, and the silenced mp5, it's sweet. Although i prefer the ak to the mp5 i like it because it is silenced. One thing i hate though is the militia camps all over the place, and fact that you have to go all over **** to get more medicine for the fever. For some reason everytime i get into a big fire fight i have to take the **** medicine. Also, when your buddies call you after excepting a mission usually the things they want you to do to complete the mission are pointless and not needed. I did like the first two then just started doing right to the objective, i still went and seen what there plans were though, and i do the odd one but it's kinda stupid. Also, i heard some things about people not liking the ai in the game but i think its fine, sometimes they seek you out a little too much, but other times its pretty accurate. Although they don't move when you start snipping guys with the dart gun, they just stand there, but if some one takes a shot at you when your doing that they scatter all over **** then surround you, which is pretty realistic. But close quarters with the mp5 silenced and the silenced pistol isn't even fare for the ai, ou just kick the **** out of them.

Over all a fun game, and i am sure i wil be playing it for quite a while, im only at 27% right now anyway.

Your 10 hours into the game and only 27% done!??!?!....that doesn't make any sense, I'm like 10 hours into the game and 68% done and I already did all the arms dealer and buddy side missions.

im 12 hours into the game and only around the 23% mark.

You can take your time in this game, really sucks you in if you enjoy it. Ive done some buddy and main missions here and there. But have been doing a lot of exploring, hunting for diamonds and assassination missions. I want to complete it to 100% before the final main mission because it finishes after that.

well im now gettign a weird error with iut got my 2gb kit of ram working :D, anyway it starts at 50 fps, and with in an hour my frame rate has dropped down to 7. i realy do not under stand it, at all. im running dx 10 1280x1024, 2x aa and ultra high settings
with sli 8800gts at 750,1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom