FarCry 2 Analysis..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...now that I'm into it a ways I am getting pretty steady crashes. I keep getting the "diplay driver has quit responding and has recovered" error (Vista x64). I've only had one weird graphics glitch, but the crashes are relentless!

Are your video cards overclocked? I had that happen when I was overclocking my card and running the bench.

lol no. I've even tried underclocking it. Searchign google came up with half a dozen fixes. Disabling any secondary monitors, disabling aero, underclocking cards, reinstallign drivers, nothing works. It's ubisofts poor coding and improper testing causing the problems. Half the people who bought the game are complaining about it, it's not an isolated issue.
quicksave is the most used button on my keyboard while playing the game. (which is sad) Even then it doesn't make it any less irritating.

Im on 50 percent completion, got to the 2nd province (the south) at 30percent. But i agree with what your saying, The AI are TOO agressive - it can be really frustrating, i just want to get somewhere, but i have to fight my way through every Militia camp. It would be awesome to walk down and through the militacamps with no guns and stuff, or just pay them.

I've unlocked all the weapons, there awesome weapons i must say. So fun to use. But i have to cheat, i just have to, just so i can blow up a militia camp and not spend ages battling my way through it.

I find i press f5 every few minutes, so when it crashes it never really matters. If they patch this game, and patch it well i think it would be really cool - i hope this game is moddable.. just so someone can tweak the ai.

No kidding. They're more or less programed with unbreakable line of sight, and perfect accuracy. I can move around behind a solid fence and they keep shooting at me, the bullets sparking on the other side showing a direct path to me. It's hardly even AI. Once they know you're there they have a birds eye view of the battlefield and just run within firing range and unload on you lol.
The more I play it the more ridiculous it feels.

And multiple times while doign missions and stuff, I've seen the enemies spawn right in front of me. I've seen full trucks and a group of militia appear in front and around me, and just instantly unload lol.
so broken.

still fun and all, to spite the fact that it feels like a bunch of amateurs made the game.
if ubisoft montreal refers to montreal, quebec.. i blame the french. :p

i cam agree teh ai is agressive but i havent met up with any of the problems you guys have mentioned, i literaly played for the last 2 hours and i didnt have one crash or freeze up. the ai are agressive but i do manage to hide everyonce in awhile. so my guesse akubane is the problem you are having is related to duel gpu's running in dx10 ultra high with 2xaa and it loosk really smooth, the 2xaa in this looks almost liek 8x in other games the aa is very very good. the fps rate is also alot smoother in this then crysis, im at a constant 34 fps, where as in crysis it goes from 12 to 50 radicaly, the lowest i got was 17 and that was loading the new area. im in love with this game. its a tought spot between this and war head both offer amazign fun but this is alot more deep. i can see myself playing this game for a very long time, puttign atleast 100 hours into it. its allready made my top 5 and its tied at the top with crysis warhead right now. just because i like the combat in crysis a litle mroe but this game engine is very very nice.

Edit: also im thinking maybe my stability has to do with me using server 2008?

Maybe yeh.

Akubane, i don't actually have problems with hiding and shooting without them knowing, especially silenced guns.

I have shot the springfield and simply ran round a rock and the AI players have ran past me - but the Jeeps allways know exactley where i am..lol.

dude, install IeSpell and run a spell check on your posts :/
And so what if the problem is caused by running a dual GPU? That's not an excuse for developers to hide behind. Besides it's not a problem restricted to just dual gpus, or ati or nvidia, or vista or xp. whatever, I don't have to argue on behalf of the dozens of others with the same crashing problem. Point is they need to fix it. /end

It's kinda weird you can run behind a rock and they'll miss you. Whenever i try to hide they just shoot right at the wall until I come out and shoot them, since they all have infinite ammo, and i don't XD.
I was fooling around once with a solid metal fence, I could run side to side and watch the sparks from they're bullets follow me (because the sparks clip through the fence), even though you couldn't see through the fence.

meh. like i said, despite the fact that it's bugged to all ****, it's still fun to play, for the short intervals I can play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom