FarCry 2 Analysis..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I stumbled across a few things, first off, It goes jumpy sometimes, even though my FPS is in the 40's :confused:

Only been playing for an hour or so, and have already seen bugs. Ive seen AI walking around with there legs 1 foot underground, weapons that fall through the ground. They also seem to have the special ability to see through foliage. Once you start shooting and theyve found u, they accurately shoot you through 15 or 20 meters of dense bush :p

The assualt rifles apparently only do damage up to 50 meters, and then there bullets dissapear :confused:

Oh, and the game randomly just exited with no error report :laughing:

They certainly have a few things to patch up, but despite this i'm totally loveing the game, it's pretty awesome. Although i do wish there was some cheats, or an .cfg or .ini file to edit..

there is cheats for it oreo.

Start the game with the -DEVMODE command line parameter. One way to do this is to make a shortcut to the game on your desktop and right click the shortcut and edit the properties. Then before the ending " put in the -DEVMODE option and click ok. Then, press one of the following keys during game play to activate the corresponding cheat function. Note: When in developer mode, all levels will also be unlocked.

It was the same way for farcry 1

Code Effect
F3 Create spawn point
minus dec. speed
O Give 999 Ammuntion
P Give all Weapons
equals inc. speed
F10 load current positon
F2 move to next checkpoint
F5 return to default speed
F9 save curent positon
backspace toggle bgod mode
F11 toggle extra information
F1 toggle first and third person view
F4 Togle no clip (fly throuhg walls and things)

Just called Ubisoft, they are still putting in a BUNCH of CD keys into the system, so within an hour they should be good. Mine isnt working at the moment, no big deal.

Just downloaded it off steam. Bloody shocked it's only 3.5GB.

Meh. Hope my key works. If not ill just keep playin fable, great game.

can't wait to see how it runs compared to the editor. Pretty fun to spite the bugs oreo?

Yeh guys it's great fun. Im on about 14percent now (5 hours or so in) so understand how it all works.

There are some annoying things, like the lack of fast travel - its only available in certain places. So when you have to travel somewere, it takes you a few minutes and you have to use your (what little you have) ammo on killing militia camps on the way. This is more annoying especially after youve just came from your arms depot.

The arms depot is were your weapons are stored, you get more weapons by doing missions for the arms dealer (Same basis every time, ambush and destroy an arms convoy - yet somehow it doesnt feel repetative, there quite fun and quick compared to other missions) and then once you've unlocked them you can use your diamonds to buy them, once youve bought them you have unlimited supply in your arms depot - pretty cool.

The firefights are insaine, there really good. The AI do screw up and do weird stuff quite a bit, but it doesn't detract from the fun. The game simulates silenced weapons really well (if not the best ive seen) If you shoot an enemy with a silenced gun, the enemy get confused and shoot everywhere and go looking for you etc.

Vehicles drive well (if a little to well..cars have no problem driving through tough terrain :p).

Weapons are varied, all fun to use. Sniping can be a little overpowered - but it doesn't matter because there so fun to use :)

There are some quite major bugs, or maybe its my pc. Sometimes the dense forest kinda..erm.. dissapears ? ya - it just dissapears, and then you move a few meters and it reappears..

So yeh, there are a few annoying things, travelling can be a pain, there is arguabley to many malitia points, the AI is both really good/ and horriyingly dumb (It varies :)) graphical glitches.

But on the whole it's a fantastic game - you should all buy it, and play it - it really is very good, and by the time it's had a few patches i should think it'd be perfect :)

Oh, the Multiplayer is really good too, it's different, but definitely good.

Thanks for the cheats luke !

I dunno if i want to try them though, i'd feel guilty..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom