Farcry 2..am I missing the point...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james.wired

Equator Gringo
Maybe it was because I was drinking when I first played the game..am I missing the point? I find myself driving all the way across Africa and back to cap somebody. On the way running into little gaurd shacks that if you don't kill them all, 4 come after you in gun mounted suvs. Is it back and forth like this the entire game or is there some sort of stage I have pass before it gets interesting? Can you make the map bigger than what shows when I press 5? I thought I read something about being able to use buses to transport you back and forth to areas? Also, what is the advantage to having safehouses unlocked?

Nope, you're not missing the point. That's the entire game. the same 4 or 5 missions repeated over and over again the whole way through, pretty much.

You need to head towards one of the bus stations and look at the route map to find where you want to fast-travel to.
I don't think you can make the map any bigger than that.
and the only real advantage to having a safehouse unlocked is being able to sleep there I guess. You can store guns if you buy the gun cases at the store, but as far as I know each safe house has its individual storage, so you can't store a gun in one and pick it up at another.

There are approx 3-4 areas to the game which you can unlock but the main criticism is that the machines are very repetitive. I have only played 3-4 hours on it and I haven't played since.

Yeah I am starting to get really bored of it also. The lack of scenery is a definite downfall for the game. The AI's accuracy with guns is crazy good. Taking it to Africa is something different I guess... but the driving trips and repetitive missions are lame! I give it a 3 on a 10. I just got my computer off of old on-board graphics and onto a 4850 so I can finally game decently. I am waiting for my order to come of Fallout 3, FEAR 2, and Crysis W, and Left 4 Dead. Any other suggestions?

Suggestion: Unreal Tournament 3. It's $11.99 on steam until March 22nd. WELL WORTH IT.

Far Cry 2 was entertaining for a few hours but I completely agree with your statements James. It's the same stuff over and over and over again.

MP is decent. Had some fun with it. although there are many other multiplayer games I'd rather play. Like TF2 & UT3.

I bought UT3 for PS3 a while back and it I didn't like it much and the MP is too fast paced for me. The cool part was that the campaign narrator voice is Henry Rollins from Black Flag haha. When it comes to MP I am into more open battle areas like those in Battlefield:Bad Company and the good old Delta Force series. I'm always open to other games though for sure... I do like FPS single player but it seems like it's more difficult to find medium paced FPS in multiplayer!

edit: What is TF2?

Team Fortress 2. One of Valves best online FPS. They are constantly updating the game with new maps, achievements, patches and new unlocks for the different classes. Its a game that is not to be taken seriously and is a huge amount of fun, the replayability is HUGE.

Team Fortress 2
Team Fortress 2

I suggest you watch all the videos in the 2nd link, it shows you how fun the game really is, all be it no ingame footage but you get the point that the game is a barrel of laughs to play.

Nope, you're not missing the point. That's the entire game. the same 4 or 5 missions repeated over and over again the whole way through, pretty much.

You need to head towards one of the bus stations and look at the route map to find where you want to fast-travel to.
I don't think you can make the map any bigger than that.
and the only real advantage to having a safehouse unlocked is being able to sleep there I guess. You can store guns if you buy the gun cases at the store, but as far as I know each safe house has its individual storage, so you can't store a gun in one and pick it up at another.

he is right..except the gun part. A gun stored in one house CAN be gotten from another house.

The gun storage is rather useful in the long run, you can store a fast degrading weapon in the cases, then carry one with you , when it breaks or is jamming a lot, pick up the fresh new one. (i did it with the dart gun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom