Far cry question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Getting this game in a few days, ive been reading its better on 64bit? but does that mean 64 bit processor or 64bit operating system? or both?

Thanks

I had never heard that it was better on 64 bit processors. It ran great on my XP 3200+ and on my C2D 6400. Just make sure you have decent ram and video card to run the game.

No it will not run better.

Prehaps they mean a 64 Bit Operating System, which wouldn't be worth it either because the 64 Bit version of XP will no longer be supported by Windows. (Means they won't update or improve the current model) (I think)
Unless they release a 64Bit Patch for the game, it will run in 32 Bit mode.

Why did you say i have to have the ram and vid card? i have, open your eyes! :p

And yes i was looking for patchs and saw a 64bit one, this is where my question came from ;)

ok thanks thats all i needed to know!
Right now im having problems with the demo(im getting the full game but its on order).
As you can see the water is all weird?
messedupwater.jpg

Rest of the game looks fine though
anotherpic.jpg

Ive been told to install the 1.4 patch and that will fix it but the patch doesnt seem to want to install? i click on the icon then it says confirm where its installed so i click "next" and nothing happens? is this because you cant patch the demo?
please someone help i love this game but i cant play it with the water looking weird like that!

Well your Video card should be able to play farcry On max everything.

I would reccomend reinstalling the newest direct X, and updateing your video card driver if you haven't already.

The other option is to simply turn down the water setting until it doesn't do that anymore. Play that setting for a few hours then try it on a higher setting.

Ste im running the lastest direct x and also the lastest forceware 93.71, havent had any problems with other games just this one, but apparently the demo is like AGESSSSS old and when installing the retail game it comes with patches installed that sorts out most graphical glitches, so im hoping when i get the game it will be fine, or if not i can install the lastest patch for it and hopefully all will be sweet :)

Try older driver versions. I am having similar problems with FarCry. Only v81.95 works for me, but ofcourse I have a much older graphics card (Ti4200).

yeh i had same problem sweety. your graphics card will murder the game, dont dare turn down any settings! Easily resolved by installing the latest farcry patch. Which of course you cant do yet as you're playing the demo, but can when your copy arrives. Fear not young one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom