Far Cry or Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are not the kind of person who explores and checks out dungeons and that sort then all you have left is doing quests. It's like playing a GTA game and only doing the main story missions and if that is all you do you can beat it in a couple of hours, but I like to screw around and try to get all the packages, uniqe stunt bonuses, and the non-main quests. Oblivion wasn't designed for the people who don't do that sort of thing and just want to go through the main quest, it was designed for the wannabe explorer. Not to mention the many other quests. Oblivion's combat isn't just clicking enemies to death like it was in Morrowind, it's a lot more envolved.

How long will farcry last you? Oblivion will last most people around 50 hours at least before they get to a point where they became bored. I played morrowind with just one of my characters for over 200 hours.

Farcry is good but I would go with Oblivion because there are many things to do.

Ok well i was browsing PC world (in uk) for some more dvd-ram disks and i saw oblivion for £19.99 which is a bargain (£34.99 on high street and even amazon is £25) so i bought that. Pleased to say it runs fine - only annoying thing is obviously it runs a lot better when your in a dungeon compared to running on the horse outside in the wonderful countryside so it took a while to balance the video options out.

Being kind of new to this sort of game (i've done MMORPGs though) - im really happy with it so far. The best way i could describe it would be a mixture of GTA and Thief. The combat system is cool although a couple of the quests seem ridiculously hard at the moment (e.g. the bit after you stop the first oblivion gate and have to clear out the destroyed town) but theres always more to do.

Also i think its important to mention that Oblivion definitely has more game in it than farcry (hours wise and replayability wise) if you see what i mean.

Finally when i upgrade my pc i'll be able to see oblivion in all its glory - reminds me a bit of medieval total war on my old pc :)

Thanks for the advice though ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom