Far Cry or Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IfYouHaveToAsk

In Runtime
Ok well my birthday is at the end of july so i dont really wanna fork out for a load of games now which leaves me with a decision. My exams finish in 1 week and after that its pretty relaxed at school and then its summer so i thought i'd buy myself a PC Game. I've got the far cry demo and i like the look of that but also i'm tempted by oblivion. Both have got extremely good reviews, have great graphics and gameplay.

Far cry is only £8 and oblivion is £24 but i dont mind paying a bit more if its worth it - but does oblivion just end up a bit like a MMORPG without other people - i would imagine it gets boring after a while. However, with far cry i guess once you've completed it its done.

I know i can play Far Cry on max settings and from other reviews it looks like i'll be able to play oblivion on medium-high (@ 1024/768)

Any feed back on how oblivion plays on mid range systems would be great as well.

So what do you guys think i should get, Oblivion or Far Cry (both for PC)?

Farcry is kinda old and i have Oblivion and it owns. But i have a very good system to play it on, i dnt know if it will place nicely on a alright system. But i would go with Oblivion

In my opinion..........go with Far Cry. Oblivion is a great game, but for me it got boring pretty quick.

Problem with Oblivion its that is have that stupid, retarded NPCs, quests and Main StoryLine.
Graphic is good, but becouse of those.. stupid looking like, faces of NPCs and their's lines. Game gets boring very fast.

far cry came stock with my comp, though I doubt I've ever invested more than an hour in it. Not that it was a bad game, but FPS controls on a comp were foreign to me, and the graphics were a bit whack with my 6600 128MB, I thought. Ive been playing Oblivion for almost a week now, and I have to say that I like it. But it's real involved; if you like the minutia of really involved RPGs, then go with Obivion. Graphics are good. The AI is kind of dumb...but it still has me gripped after almost 20 hrs, soooooo....

I really like oblivion, i played about 36hrs before i finished the main storyline(I went it ALOT of caves). Then another 25hrs to beat all of the guilds, and now i have nothing to do. So i played about 51hrs. I just started a new character im just having fun with this one, i put him to level 60, god **** those monsters are tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom