Far Cry doesn't look right

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I just installed Far Cry on Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit and when I play it, the colors are not right. The ground will be a light blue color. You can't tell the difference between water and land. The trees and everything else seems to be fine. It is just the ground. What could be causing this? What can I do to fix this?

Far Cry is not Vista compatible. You have to check for these things while using Vista now. You have to see if there is a patch to make Far Cry work on Vista correctly.

I got everything looking good. I had to install all the patches.

Kinda of off subject but how do I know what version of DirectX I am running? The reason I ask is when I was installing Far Cry, I noticed something that said installing DirectX9.0c. I looked everywhere for it. I was thinking there is a program that will tell you but I can't remember what it is called.

If you go to the start menu and select "Run..." you can type in "dxdiag" and it will give you all of the Direct X info on your computer as well as some software diagnostics.

With Vista you'll be running DX10, but the game will be running in DX9 because DX10 is backwards compatible with DX9.

Okay thanks guys. I have been playing Far Cry with all the settings on very high and I am getting around 150 to 200fps. I just felt like saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom