far cry demo prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerXero

In Runtime
I know its just a demo and all but theres somthing bugging me about it.

Iv played it before on my fx 5200 and everything was nice and reflective , I assume thats texture filtering , but anyways the water and everything was nice and reflective .

but now I got a new system with a 6600 gt and I play the demo and there is no reflective surfaces the water looks very dull , guns dont shine like they did on my older card , anyone running a mid to high range vid card have this problem?

the reason im asking is becouse I was going to buy this game , I just wanted to see how the demo ran on my new computer , to my surprise it looks like crap. Is this somthing they may have fixed in the full version ? like and update for the 6600/6800 cards?

IV tried two versions of drivers for my gfx card and nothing worked.

If you have the money, go ahead and get a 6800GT or Ultra (or Radeon X800 XT), very nice cards. Also it might be the fact that your default settings for the game have the graphics on low/meidum. turn that up one notch and see how it looks.

whoa.. I don't think the poor guy wants to return his 6600 GT and possibly pay a restocking fee and then get an even more expensive card. You would think that it should work with the 6600 GT.. I am sure it does considering the features it has. Could be a driver problem or the game settings. Hopefully it's not an exotic hardware problem where some of the features don't work. I doubt it tho.

Personally, I never buy the highest end cards. Buy a midrange like 6600GT, play it for a couple of years and then pick up yet another midrange card for dirt cheap. Chances are the amount of $$ you would spend is lower than buying the high end card from the get go.

Ya just got this 6600 gt for 250 it came jam packed with software bundle , wich is why it cost so much i figure .

but anyways , ya all my games like doom 3 and halflife 2 - cs source run very very well and look great . I think its just somthing to do with the farcry demo or drivers , I know with my fx 5200 I had to update the drivers to the latest version to get the water looking right . Now with my 6600 iv tried the 2 versions of drivers from the MSI website 66.93 and the 71.22 currently on 71.22 i find they run faster , well acourding to 3dmark 03 anyways .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom