Far Cry 2 vs Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if SLI is going to work on this like it DOESN'T on cryisis and whether the 9800GXT will be able to perform well since it is pretty much SLI as a single card.

FARCRY 2 ALL THE WAY, i hope you guys know those farcry 2 screenshots were taken when the game was half finished and then they were edited heaps and made to look cartoony, and it wont be more demanding than crysis because on 1 of the demo videos of farcry2 the guy says at the end the comp its a slightly overclocked dual core im geussing e6850 or somthing, that gives me the idea that it will less pc stressful than crysis.

Dual cores work better on games so that really doesn't tell you much. That only means that it is dual core optimized, just like crysis. Dual cores are the best choice for gaming this day in age.

I'm wondering if SLI is going to work on this like it DOESN'T on cryisis and whether the 9800GXT will be able to perform well since it is pretty much SLI as a single card.

Dual cores work better on games so that really doesn't tell you much. That only means that it is dual core optimized, just like crysis. Dual cores are the best choice for gaming this day in age.

I wish you would go and tell that part about dual cores being the best for gaming, to all those kids building new PC and they plan on getting the q6600, not the e8400... atleast wait for the new quads if you reeALLY want a quad..

Why spend all that money on a quad when a faster dual can get it done!

quads are faster, look at it this way games are optimized for duel core, when iu game i have 2 cores at like 40% and one core at like 20% because one core will handle all the backround apps you have running, like windows and what not, then the 2 other cores run just the game, thats why a q6600 outperforms the e6600 in gaming. even tho it is duel core,it still only has 2 cores, being both used for the game and on the windows operation. so the quad will be faster. it ends up being about the same performence really, because of the extra cores on the q6600 make up for the gap in speed between it and the e8400, id wrather have the q6600, tho because of games like alan wake which will utalise quad core.

quads are faster, look at it this way games are optimized for duel core, when iu game i have 2 cores at like 40% and one core at like 20% because one core will handle all the backround apps you have running, like windows and what not, then the 2 other cores run just the game, thats why a q6600 outperforms the e6600 in gaming. even tho it is duel core,it still only has 2 cores, being both used for the game and on the windows operation. so the quad will be faster. it ends up being about the same performence really, because of the extra cores on the q6600 make up for the gap in speed between it and the e8400, id wrather have the q6600, tho because of games like alan wake which will utalise quad core.

I stand corrected. :D
But, then I suggest waiting and getting a new one. :D faster WITH 4 cores :D

E8400 would be better choice if you are planning to upgrade every year. But if you are not planning to upgrade for a long time then Q6600 would be better choice because it will last you longer.

Far Cry 2 might look better, but Crysis will probably still own it in game play. Far Cry has always felt a little off to me. The weapons are always cartoon-ish looking, and the game play is always way too easy.

I have to say, that by the screen shots posted here, I do believe Far Cry 2 could give Crysis a run for it's money. However, I doubt that you will have to upgrade your PC to play it if you can already run Crysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom