Far Cry 2 vs Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
The engine can't be worse than Crysis's ;) impossible.

But im a massive anti-crysis fan :)

I play Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion, and it maximum settings 1650x1080 it still makes me go 'Wow...' more than crysis does. everytime i get to the top of a mountain and i can see much of Cyrodill, with HDR and huge lucious trees at a good framerate. Staggering.

But FarCry 2 looks amazeing, especially them pics above. Phenonemal, the textures are much higher res than Crysis's, and there is no way you can deny it. And the lighting effects (except maybe sun beams through the leafes, but thats just DX10)

The engine can't be worse than Crysis's :wink: impossible.

But im a massive anti-crysis fan :)

I play Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion, and it maximum settings 1650x1080 it still makes me go 'Wow...' more than crysis does. everytime i get to the top of a mountain and i can see much of Cyrodill, with HDR and huge lucious trees at a good framerate. Staggering.

But FarCry 2 looks amazeing, especially them pics above. Phenonemal, the textures are much higher res than Crysis's, and there is no way you can deny it. And the lighting effects (except maybe sun beams through the leafes, but thats just DX10)

yeah, man Oblivion makes me stop and stare. I love that game, and it looks wonderful.

A brand new great read up from IGN on FarCry 2. IGN: Far Cry 2 Preview

I'm not sure wether anyone else played FarCry instincts for the Xbox 1. But it had a map editor, an excellent map editor, far more fun and powerfull than the campaign mode. You could create great maps easily, no hardcore map editor like crysis. Simple, create water here, radius size etc etc.

And so when i read this, i jumped out of my seat in joy:

''Things have changed since we first saw this game at last year's Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany, and Ubisoft took an opportunity last month to let us know how things were going and show us a demo with an updated build of the game on PC. We didn't actually get to see the PS3 or Xbox 360 versions, but were told those are being done by the same team at Ubisoft Montreal, that they'll both, like the PC version, ship with a map editor, and that some of the same folks who worked on the editor for the Xbox's Far Cry Instincts were on board with this one. If you've ever used the Far Cry Instincts editor, then you know that's good news. For PC users there'll be some additional features built into the editor, but Ubisoft Montreal isn't planning on releasing the SDK.''

FarCry 2 is the only game in a long while that I've looked forward to.. Big FarCry1 fan...

I only HOPE its optimized more than Crysis was, I want to play it on my current rig [with some ram upgrades, of course]

That crysis screenshot sucks hard >.> someone was tryign to make crysis look worse than it does just to boost up far cry 2

BUT I will say farcry 2 looks pretty incredible and if its any longer than crysis was it will be worth a buy.

yeah oblivion still looks incredible O_O

yeah i'm fairly certain any image with a font that large saying "official screenshot" probably isn't an official screenshot.

why is there even some sort of pseudo-debate over whether or not FarCry2 will be better graphically than Crysis. people seem on a mission to prove something that pretty much goes without saying

edit: and if these are official screenshots how come the FC2 ones are gamespot branded and the crysis one isn't. any-hoo that's a moot point. FC2 does look good and i will most definitely buy it, i have FarCry and Crysis. the only thing i don't like about those screenshots is the excessive HDR and blur.

never to much HDR, sun glare makes you have to physically look away in real life, correct me if i'm wrong.

To much glare, yes, maybe. But that will be adjustable in the .cfg, .txt files (always is :) ).

On a side note, i see we have dynamic soft shadows :). The shadow from the ear of the zebra casting on the body of the zebra .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom