Far Cry 2 Dunia Engine Tech Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
The first Tech Videos of FarCry 2's DUNIA (Swahili for world) Game engine has been released.

N4G.com : Far Cry 2 Dunia Engine Tech Videos and Screens

I found the first video interesting, i thought it was very realistic. But thought it would be incredibly odd if this was the actual speed it was in game.

I disliked the look of the engine in the second video, i found the way the branches came off very unrealistic looking, and then let down by the incredibly quick regeneration, whilst it would be a cool feature, they severely need to increase the time it takes, i hope it was at this speed purely for demonstration purposes.

The third video was very very impressive, i thought the weather was incredibly realistic, i thought the explosion seen at the end with the soft particles the best i have ever seen interestingly the branches came off in a much more realistic way, although i am unsure why only one branch came off and the tree was unaffected. Notice however the bush to the left of the tree being affected but not destroyed by the shockwave, and the bush to right of the tree been blown to the top of the screen and being carried off by the wind with a little too much force

The forth video was also very good, but nothing worth writing up about, and nothing more than you would come to expect.

Overall if the engine is gave a few tweaks here and there it will be very impressive, also note not mentioned in the video was how fire also spreads throughout the grass, affected by wind and precipitation. The sounds in all of the videos were incredibly rich and HD, something that sounds reminiscent of a HD or BluRay movie, suggesting it could well be playing on the Playstation 3 in this video. Which is understandable, as the amount of physics in these videos particular the third was very high, something the PS3 with its 9 processors is good at.

The images at the bottom of the page to do with indirect and direct advanced lighting are also interesting and reveal the high quality graphics in the game.

Ive been looking forward to farcry 2 ever since i saw the first demo video of it a few months ago. This will obviously be the most advanced game in realistic graphics of all time. I remember when farcry came out it was the best of its time in graphics and no doubt that farcry 2 will be the best of its time as well.

Hmm, im not so sure, it will be damb good, but from the images ive seen its is only DX9, which means they will have to try very hard to get it to look how it would in DX10.

The 3rd and 4th video were good....the first 2 are rather ridiculus though.....he tore that whole tree up in like 10 seconds.....lol

Do we really NEED vegatation growing....lol

I mean, are we going to be standing there that long to watch vegatation grow????

The day & night cycle was rather cool

Thats because it was DX10, and these are the first videos, i think there WILL be surprises to come, and with an 09 or late 08 release the graphics will be much imrpoved ready for computers fitted with high end quad cores as standard.

Very impressive. But, the second video was unrealistic. While I know the tree regrowth was sped up, it's not possible to blow entire (large) tree limbs off with a single shot of a pistol.

I thought the dynamic weather was by far the coolest feature. That kind of stuff can give a great feel to a game. I agree about the vegetation...who cares! Kinda pointless use of resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom