Far Cry 2 bugging out on Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I ran this game in XP and it was just fine. I ran it in Vista and the textures in some areas would just be wacked out! Some areas the trees, grass and such would be bright red or blue or orangish. It was the stranges thing I have ever seen. Then at times when I would just be walking around this big black box would just appear on the screen and I couldn't see anything directly in front of me.

Any one else getting crazy bugs like this in Vista?

Oh also when I booted up XP to try it out right before the game would launch I got an error that said my "graphics card drivers are out of date and need to be updated". You would think the game would not run after this but it would start up and run just fine.

I have a HD3870 gpu

I havent seen texture glitches that are as crazy as that, but i've seen a few. Seen the whole jungle disappear for a few meters. Then it'd reappear. If i stepped backwards into the same walkign area it would disappear again. XD

Also crazy crashes, but I googled other forums and apparently everyones getting those, XP, Vista, ATI and nvidia. bleh.

I got a few scripting bugs during the game ( running on XP tho )

plus I also got the whole microsoft frame network failing to install for some reason cause it said a previous version prevented this, this was all during the install process on steam

I'm running it on Vista x64 and haven't had any issues whatsoever yet. I'm only a little bit into it (just gave the priest the tape and got some meds). I am running it at 1680x1050, 2xAA, Very High, DX10 and get 40 FPS average. Everything seems good so far...no glitches, no graphics bugs. I'm pretty impressed.

Hey guys where do the screenshots save too? I wanted to post the screenshot I took last night but cannot find it? Don't all games save them in the directory after a F12 function?

Also when looking for it I found this FarCry2 Benchmark icon. What is that and how do I use it? Sorry I am new to PC gaming.

I'm running it on Vista x64 and haven't had any issues whatsoever yet. I'm only a little bit into it (just gave the priest the tape and got some meds). I am running it at 1680x1050, 2xAA, Very High, DX10 and get 40 FPS average. Everything seems good so far...no glitches, no graphics bugs. I'm pretty impressed.

well just like you said...your only a little bit into it :p

Hey guys where do the screenshots save too? I wanted to post the screenshot I took last night but cannot find it? Don't all games save them in the directory after a F12 function?

Also when looking for it I found this FarCry2 Benchmark icon. What is that and how do I use it? Sorry I am new to PC gaming.

Run it, and it will show you your minimum, maximum, and average FPS.

FPS is Frames Per Second, this is how many times your computer updates what's happening in the game. If your FPS is below an average of 30fps - it becomes visibly jumpy, 60fps is concidered the benchmark figure for ultra smooth gaming.

The higher the FPS, the better.

Your screenshots will save to Documents/My Games/Far Cry 2 (Atleast they do on vista)

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom