Fallout Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
I have been debating on whether to get the Fallout collection off e-bay.....about $20 gets you Fallout....Fallout 2 and Fallout tactics.

Who here has played any of these and what is the gameplay like?

I know the graphics are not the greatest....I am just wondering if the gameplay will keep me occupied and that if the game is very good.....

Should i get this collection or just pass and spend the $20 some where else?

Ok....this is what happened.....I bought both Fallout games off e-bay....I bought the originals and I bought them off different buyers....guess what came today???

Thats right...Fallout 2....so I said, no biggie...I will get it installed per Terry's instructions, because he was kind enough to send me all the files I needed!...Thanks again Terry! It installed fine, without a hitch.

So....I want to play Fallout 1 first right....so I would get the enjoyment everybody else did when they played Fallout and Fallout 2....only problem was that I started up Fallout 2.....you know, for just a few minutes I said....just to see what its like...and well here I am totally emersed 5 hours later!!....LOL......OMG this game is so much fun...i am now glad I missed it, so I can enjoy it now :thumbup:

I've skinned some gekos...talked to some drunks....taken some drugs....and had one heckuva sponge bath from the girls at the Bath house. :D:
I also found "smoke" the dog....that was my good deed for the day.

If you have not played any of these games yet.and you like old RPG...this is not one to miss...this is pure FUN!

ok....I have started a new game :yes: ....I have kept the old one just in case I wanna try again...lol

Things are going alot smoother this time, since I am now familiar with the controls.

This time I have not really pi$$ed anybody off too bad, that they shoot me onsite...lol

I have had a couple companions, however I told one to stay outside of vault city and wait for me...unfortunatly he was gone when i came out of vault city :(:

I still have not got into the vault in there to access the archives....i must first take care of some critters that are putting radiation in a water supply....not sure where or what this place is.

I now have enough money to go free Surlic from metzger now....so i think I am going to go tackle that job next.

Any pointers from you experts are very welcome :p:

I just wanna say that this is just one darn KICK A$$ game, even playing it 10 years later....I can only imagine how it must have felt back then :)

This will be in my collection forever......It sucks you in big time....the story is so well said and the gameplay to me just rocks!

Also not a single problem running it on XP....Thanks Terry!

I have been playing Fallout since the first one came out in 97. If you need any help with the games please don't hesitate to PM. Oh and a great sight for fallout is No Mutants Allowed - Your Post Nuclear News Center!.

I am working on a mod for fallout at the moment so I will post it when I am finished, oh and in the programming area of TF you will see "FIFE 2D open source isometric engine details" I support that project because they are reproducing the fallout engine and it is going to be great for use in the moding community.

Oh and the ghouls are hard to deal with when you get to the reactor play around with the computer to get some great diolog with a dude in power armour MK2.

Great...Thanks for your help Chris Chadwick

Sorry in the above post it said I was going after Surlic at Metzgers place in the Den. I meant I was going after Vic....also Surlic was there for me after I went thru another gate.

That is great how this game still gets great support....I wish I would have played it back in the day. But, I am very glad I discovered it....I am lovin' every minute of it!

Thanks for the website and I will be lookin forward to any mods for this awsome 10 year old game.

Please post your mod when you are finished and I will be sure to check it out.

Glad your enjoying Fallout 2. It is my personal all-time favourite game. By far the best gaming experience I've ever had - followed by system shock 2, half-life, diablo, etc...

Oh and if you would like some fun get a bramin drunk and go to modoc and use a time bomb on the out house (I think it's a time bomb look up pers guide on NMA for more details) that is always fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom