Fallout 3 Patch Today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: The Fallout 3 PC patch will not be released today according to a Bethesda staff member. Instead, it will be released later this week. The patch also only addresses issues of the game crashing on exiting the game. Bethesda is "moving along with pulling together a more extensive update. We're still in the process of going through and looking at any issues/fixes, and once that is done there is lots of additional testing/fixing that has to be done before it can be released. Similarly, we're looking into matters on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3."

You can find the post here: PC patch is coming today - Bethesda Game Studios Forums
No patch today, after all.

wow everyone in that forum seem retarded, they all complain about bugs and what not but havent done much to fix it. exept point fingers, heck of all people on our forumyou would think me and akubane would have the most trouble he has 4870x2 and hes not sufering one bit, im running sli and neither am i. my guesse alot of the bugs robably have to do with drivers, weather they be mobo, or gpu, i update mine constantly. its also easier to do so with server 08 since even when i uninstal my drivers even my web drivers i can still surf the web. + on a side note when i had that virus it kicked me out of the game every 25 or so minutes, and it always, always let me alt tab back into it after closing the virus windows. i can say i have never seen a game switch between desktop and ingame that easaly normaly when i do so i come back and its either frozen slow or artifacting, never received any of this from fall out 3. imo i have never seen a game so stable at launch for the pc. besides maybe cod4.

yeah i never had a single issue with cod4 either. i was pretty surprised at the tab-out stability as well. Red alert 3's is good too, but a lot of other games Really suck at it.

The only issue I've had thus far is a weird bar that keeps flickering on the right side of the screen. It's like the main menu keeps wanting to pop up or something. Other than that it is running pretty smoothly for me. I'm sure I'll encounter something though...just a given.

yeah i never had a single issue with cod4 either. i was pretty surprised at the tab-out stability as well. Red alert 3's is good too, but a lot of other games Really suck at it.

I read somewhere that once you tab out of games memory leaks become a big issue, or they just lock up due to 'conflicting operations' or something or other.

I swear games are getting buggier lol

I've noticed the smoothness of the Alt+tab on this game as well. Had to do it a few times during one session, and it came back up right away, compared to something like Warhead where it takes 5-10 seconds to restore.

or games are getting more complicated...but yeah developers are lazy...

Source engine is one of the worst engines when it comes to alt-tabbing, it literally takes me 2 minutes to alt tab out of TF2 and 2 minutes to get back in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom