Fallout 3 - Modding Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I installed FO3 first when it was released, played it for 3 days, and never again. Got bored, no mods ! RPG games are just no good without mods. The game also looked pretty crap, by todays standards - Oblivion looked better.

But now, finally, i feel the time has came to start one of my compulsary game modding sessions. I did it with Oblvion, and i'll do it with this.

I'm installing it now, and will start modding tommorow (well, not technically, i mean after i've slept, it's 3am) I hope to vastly improve the graphics, refine the physics, make it run more efficiently, sort out animatins, add new weapons, and make the game more interesting. I am guessing it will take many hours of modding (excluding download time for the mods) but i will do it.

I'm having a general look over the mods now, seems promising. Some of the mods sound great. I am a little unsure how editable the game is in term of user modifiable .txt and .ini files, but we'll see.

Wish me luck ;) I will exhibit what i've managed to accomplish in a few days, perhaps later today if it goes smoothly. It usually doesn't, mods are usually only working with one patch, and another required mod will only work with another patch, and things get difficult.

Thanks!

Sounds awesome, good luck. Oblivion was not my cup of tea really, until a lot of mods were added to change the leveling system and dungeon setup.... not to mention the graphics.

Did you make any mods for Oblivion that I might have seen?

I haven't played Fallout 3 yet, but I plan on getting it sometime this month. I'm a big fan of Morrowind and and even bigger fan of the original Fallout series, so I have big expectations. I havent gotten to it yet because of time constraints and need of computer upgrades, but all that should be taken care of soon.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Nah, i don't make mods. I tend to get a load of mods from other people and combine them and alter them for the best results. Although, i've made one or two textures for a few things.

Oreo....go fallout nexus.....you will be glad you did....the mods are easy to install and there are some great mods....I just love the game.....there is a lonf Fallout 3 thread here some where...find it and check it out and if you need help.....just ask.

enjoy!

Yeh i know of the website. I currently have all the major texture packs, textures at 2048^2 are really straining my gpu :p but not so much it's unplayable.

I've kinda cheated at the start of the game, i don't like getting pwnt so much so i got myself 100round of .44 and a .44 revolver to get me going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom