fallout 3 issues for PC Win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFunk

Beta member
Hello, I am having this error come up every time I try and start the actual game:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Fallout3.exe
Application Version: 1.6.0.3
Application Timestamp: 4a147392
Fault Module Name: Fallout3.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.6.0.3
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a147392
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 006ddf8b
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I dont know what this mean and I have done so much to try and stop this from happening... :(

I have also tried numerous different settings to help with my weak system:

Toshiba Satellite L505 Duo Core Processors
Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family Graphics Card
3GB RAM
320GB HD

First things first, have you installed the latest drivers for your video card? And have you fully updated Fallout 3? And have you tried reinstalling Fallout 3?

Edit: Ah, you double-posted while I was replying. Are you sure that your laptop meets the minimum specifications for playing Fallout 3? I'm guessing your video card isn't anywhere near good enough.

Yes, I have this Toshiba program that just listed all teh new graphics intalls and I did them all.
I dont exactly know if I have updated everything in FO3 but I did just dwnld a patch for it, I think it was the latest version of 1.6 and I did reinstall it after the graphics installs but not the patch...

Well I really hope that isnt the case, but unfortunately, youre probably right on that :( it downlded so well and all right up until I start a new game... leading me to believe it could work

Hmm, did a bit of googling and your laptop's video card is the Intel GMA4500M - try putting all the settings as low as possible, including resolution, and see if you can get it to run.
If it does, put the settings up one notch of a setting at a time, and see if it still works.

Apparantly your GPU is infamously 'finicky' with some games, though it can run things like Left 4 Dead on medium settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom