FALLOUT 3 Expansions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
For my birthday, I was given a copy of Fallout 3 for PC (and Fallout Tactic, Fallout 2, Fallout). I have been hearing that there is some downloadable content. Operation Anchorage and The Pitt

How do i got about getting these add-ons for the game?

You can get the expansion disc which is out in stores, it contains both those pieces of DLC. It's about a tenner here. Or, you can get Games for Windows Live (you'll need a passport account or w/e they're called now), which is like Microsoft's version of Steam (but incredibly dumbed down and with about five supported games), and download them through that. I would opt for the first choice.

There is another piece of DLC which is out, called Broken Steel (which is totally worth getting), and there two more pieces set to come out, Point Lookout (which is out in a couple weeks or so, and will be sold on a disc with Broken Steel and on it's own), and Mothership Zeta, which will sell on it's own too and as part of a bundle with the game and all five DLCs.

The expansions are good..each offers about 5 hours of gameplay.

BUT make sure you know that the only one that actually continues the game is "broken steel". Operation Anchorage is basically a simulation you play in..and The Pitt does kinda add onto the game ..but it's in a totally different area for a couple of quest.

The expansions are good..each offers about 5 hours of gameplay.

BUT make sure you know that the only one that actually continues the game is "broken steel". Operation Anchorage is basically a simulation you play in..and The Pitt does kinda add onto the game ..but it's in a totally different area for a couple of quest.

I still need to get around to playing FO3. Just been extremely busy for the last few days.

I still need to get around to playing FO3. Just been extremely busy for the last few days.

My advice is to install broken steel asap. Because if not you might end up like me. I didn't have any and maxed my level out and wasted time doing other things while not getting exp (the expansions weren't even out though..so yea..) then once i finished all the rest of the games i was only like like 24 :\

so get steel installed so while you beat the main game you'll get over 20 instead of being stuck there :\

Or just get the Max Level 100 mod like I did fairly early into the game, and you won't have to worry ;). Won't have to worry about the level 30 cap in Broken Steel either (I'm currently level 34 I believe).

My advice is to install broken steel asap. Because if not you might end up like me. I didn't have any and maxed my level out and wasted time doing other things while not getting exp (the expansions weren't even out though..so yea..) then once i finished all the rest of the games i was only like like 24 :\

so get steel installed so while you beat the main game you'll get over 20 instead of being stuck there :\

Does that mean i have to start my game again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom