Fallout 3 Crash to desktop - solution here - Page 9 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Gaming > PC Gaming
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #81 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Fallout 3 Crash to desktop - solution here

Good people please help!I have tried all that you suggested,and still no dice!I consider my self to know my way around computers but i'm brain frozen on this subject!I also found out what Fallout 3 installs with it,but i installed .NET 3.5 before the Fallout installation.I have tried all sorts of configuration on the level of graphics but still it wont budge.When the launcher starts and i press play the screen goes black (like it's trying to load something...) and that a typical error massage on desktop (send - don't send).I have patched it to 1.7.My configuration is AMD Athlon 2.61 Ghz,1 GB DDR 2, MSI MS-7309 1.0,ATI Radeon x 550 256MB,and running on winXP SP 3.I have the latest drivers for the display. (I know my config sucks,but it passes min req).THank you all in advance.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:37 AM   #82 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Fallout 3 Crash to desktop

okay so im having a problem with fallout 3 crashing as soon as i try to start a new game, it start to load for about 5 seconds and then CTDs which is really annoying. Im running on a 4g and 64 bit lap top with a graphic card that is compatible with divx. any help with this problem would be great thank you

Old 02-12-2010, 04:31 AM   #83 (permalink)
Newb Techie

hey guys i think if found the answer to ur problem. after hours of googling and searchin i found a site that might help, seems to have worked for me , its for ppl who have more than 2 processers like me . the site is
Fallout 3: Video/Display Freezes, sound keeps going
tell me how it goes for u guys
Old 03-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #84 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by [t..o..m] View Post
Well if you have it installed you should be able to go 'start' then type ffdshow and then clicking on the ffdshow video decoder configuration link.

If you don't have it installed then download it, install it, and add it to the exception list to see if it fixes your problems
LOL. Tom you have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:46 AM   #85 (permalink)
Newb Techie

To All: Stop doing gymnastics for Bethesda. Fallout 3 is just a buggy piece of software nothing more nothing less.

You know it's bad when even the console version of Fallout 3 has problems.

Do a google search for Fallout 3 ctd, not responding etc and you get literally endless pages worth of feedback.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #86 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutbugs View Post
To All: Stop doing gymnastics for Bethesda. Fallout 3 is just a buggy piece of software nothing more nothing less.

You know it's bad when even the console version of Fallout 3 has problems.

Do a google search for Fallout 3 ctd, not responding etc and you get literally endless pages worth of feedback.
QFT! Fallout 3 is not perfect. Many things could have been done on the coding side to have made it better for the consumer, but that's water under the bridge.

Not every fix will work for every person. Different computers have different configurations, different software, different versions of operating systems, and even different levels of operating system optimization. No one fix will cover all of that just as there will be some that are never fixed. While some of the blame can be laid at Bethesda's feet, not all of it is their fault. Bethesda cannot predict every possible configuration that people will try to use to run the game so they took their best educated shot at it. If you want a controlled experience buy an Apple and get used to only being able to do what the Apple cult's leader Jobs tells you that you can do on HIS machine.

I am closing this thread. The info will remain, but the game has been out long enough for whatever fixes that were going to be found to have been found.

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Closed Thread