Fallout 3 - Can my system run it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteVan

Solid State Member
I've gone to sites that test your system up against the requirements, but those results have been inaccurate in the past. So here's some information.

2.0 GHz (per core) AMD Turion 64 X2
3 GB of system RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 with 512 MB of dedicated video memory

It runs Left 4 Dead at 1680x1050 on high-ish settings at 30 FPS. . .
Team Fortress 2 at very high settings, 1680x1050 with 50-60 FPS. . .
It ran Oblivion at high-ish settings at 1680x1050 at 30 FPS. . .

I'm trying to decide between getting the game for 360 or PC. I know PC is better because of the mods and controls, however I don't want to get a game I can't run well.

I am just not sure about the Turion. You definitely have enough RAM and the video card should be fine (**** I ran it on an old x1800xt 256mb while I was waiting for my other card RMA).

Turion = laptop version of the Athlon64 X2.

You won't be able to run it on high detail, but it will run. FO3 checks your system and sets itself up to run on what you have by default. It seems to be a little more demanding than Oblivion, but not by a lot.

Turion = laptop version of the Athlon64 X2.

You won't be able to run it on high detail, but it will run. FO3 checks your system and sets itself up to run on what you have by default. It seems to be a little more demanding than Oblivion, but not by a lot.

thats because they got rid of the texture pop in and really increased teh draw distance.

I guess I'm okay with unplugging the 2 extra monitors and just running it on the laptop screen at 1280x800, I'm confident performance would be alright with that.

It should run... I don't see the point in the game except for the multiplayer... Then again, I have dial up so I can't do multiplayer... But i did notice even with a low res it looks great when playing, far better than cod4 at the same settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom