F.E.A.R - Where the heck is the anti-aliasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikepsyche

In Runtime
I recently started playing FEAR again, first time on my new pc. Before I started playing, I was busy maxing out the visuals and I couldn't find any anti-aliasing options. Doesn't FEAR have them, or what?

I always thought AA was icing on the cake, but jagged edges in this game are actually bothering me a bit.

Should I just manually enable AA in the Nvidia control panel?

I can't reinstall and check cause I lent it to a buddy >< Maybe you need to load an external settings program from the fear folder? Just a guess. I really can't remember. I've played a few games that you had to change some settings from a launcher out of game. Real nuissance.

If not just use nvidia control panel :/ works the same either way. I usually just leave AA forced on from the catalyst centre for everything, wether or not the program has the option for it built in

Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering: To make sure Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering work properly in the game, first go to your graphics card's control panel, and for Nvidia cards under the Performance & Quality Settings in the Global Driver Settings section select 'Application Controlled' for Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering. For ATI cards go to the 3D section of the Control Panel/Control Center and select 'Application Preference' for Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering. Now you can go into FEAR and set the level of Antialiasing (FSAA) and Anisotropic Filtering (Texture Filtering) you wish to use in the Performance>Advanced Video Card Options section.

Yeah, I know how to force it in the nvidia control panel. I think I did with Oblivion, so I could have HDR and AA at once. Guess I made it always revert to the panel instead of the program.

no no..it hass to be set in the control to be changed in the game if i remember correctly re-read the bottom. been a long while since i played it.

Now you can go into FEAR and set the level of Antialiasing (FSAA) and Anisotropic Filtering (Texture Filtering) you wish to use in the Performance>Advanced Video Card Options section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom