F.E.A.R. vs HL2/CS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple-X

In Runtime
I was wondering which is the better all around game, FEAR or HL2/CS? I know both HL2 and FEAR have a good single player, but I also want something to do after I finish that. I know CS is very good, but it's old, and FEAR is new. I played the FEAR mp demo and it was kick ***. I'm wondering which would be the better buy?

agreed hl2 is much better....the constant cheap scares in F.E.A.R. become quite tedious.....although the guns are sweet you cant beat the gravity gun;).

there isn't even a aurgument to be made, HALF-LIFE 2 FREAKEN rocks
and FEAR multiplayer is bad.
also anygame were you can see your feet is wierd, just an opinion...
but there are aspects of both that are good, just HL2 is better :cool:

Deimos said:
there isn't even a aurgument to be made, HALF-LIFE 2 FREAKEN rocks
and FEAR multiplayer is bad.
also anygame were you can see your feet is wierd, just an opinion...
but there are aspects of both that are good, just HL2 is better :cool:

Can you see your feet in FEAR? Wow, thats cool. I thought Halo2 was the only game that did that. I think it's quite original and realistic actually, not weird.

I can't really judge FEAR since I won't be able to play it until I get my new rig, but HL2 is awesome. If you get it bundled with CS:S, it's priceless. Definetely worth the money for two incredible games.

Don't forget about garry's mod for HL2 and the countless hours you'll be wasting just messing around with physics and stuff :)

HL2 is better then FEAR especially if it has CS:S, not saying FEAR is a bad game though.

Both are good games, and FEAR isn't full of cheap scares, Doom 3 is full of cheap scares. I think i enjoyed FEAR more than HL2, but its also been a while since I last played HL2 , so my assumption isn't valid at all.

I didn't buy HL2 for HL2, I wanted CSS which ties with 007 goldeneye as the best game I have ever played.

For single player, I prefer FEAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom